cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin box not working

Xxfroggiexx
Joining in

Does anyone know what this means virgin has not been working since Friday and virgin don’t know waiting for engineer on Monday 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you explain how your service isn't working?

Any error codes/messages, and what's affected - live TV? OnDemand? Recordings?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry I did post a pic but it isn’t showing 

virgin shut off on Friday and now it just sits on the starting up screen and every now and then a little box comes on screen with an arrow. Can’t do anything with it all lights are white. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Xxfroggiexx wrote:

it just sits on the starting up screen and every now and then a little box comes on screen with an arrow. Can’t do anything with it all lights are white. 

Sounds like your box is stuck in the boot-loop and won't startup. Possibly a failed hard drive, maybe a stuck software download - certainly an individual fault that needs reporting.

The most likely outcome is a tech visit and/or replacement box.

You can either wait here for staff to respond (may take a few days) or call in on 150/0345 4541111

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning Xxfroggieexx, 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused.

Having taken a further look over things from this end, I can see that you have been effected by an area outage that should now have been resolved. 

How have things been over the last few days? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M