cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin box move

JHOYLAND
Joining in

Hi

i would like to move my v6 box and router from the back room of my house into my front room.
My outside brown box is at the front of the house, with all wires going up and over the roof and then into the back room. 

How much would it cost to have the cable that goes over the roof disconnected and a new cable put through the front of the house, right next to where my brown box is?

thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

I believe you can have that done for £25 as a non fault callout charge, I don't know if they wiĺl go on the roof, it's possible the cables can just be pulled off if they are not firmly attached.

You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to arrange this or wait for a forum team member to pick this up which maybe a couple of days.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What Roy has said regarding the charges, but no - VM won't go on to your roof to run cables.

I believe they'll go upto first floor height externally.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Im happy for the old cables to be left on the roof, I may add another box to the back room again in the future. If they can just disconnect it at ground level then put a connection through the front wall I’d be happy. 

thanks for you reply. 

Hi there @JHOYLAND, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

As roy247 has advised we can arrange for the connections to be moved to another room if you wish. This will come with a £25 non fault charge.

I'll send you a PM to confirm your details, if you do wish for me to arrange for this please respond to my PM.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming your details with me, in a private message @JHOYLAND.

Please do let us know how everything goes with this!

Have a lovely rest of the evening.

Take care for now.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide