cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin V6 box unknown source Samsung AU9000

hbchurchill
Joining in

Recently bought a new Samsung tv. After installation all decides are recognised accept for the v6 box which is shown as an unknown source. I can watch tv but it's a little annoying I can't use tv as universal remote. I got a QLED Samsung which works fine and my older Samsung never had an issue. Interested to know what I can do to fix this please.

4 REPLIES 4

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @hbchurchill,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear your new TV doesn't recognize our V6 box. Can you confirm how the box is connected? Is it via HDMI and wired or wireless? Is it the V6 remote that is not recognizing your TV?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic

If your Samsung QLED tv and another older Samsung tv recognised the V6 but your new Samsung AU9000 tv doesn't then isnt it likely to be an issue with the new tv?  Does the V6 remote control the new tv ok?

Thanks for all the feedback...

I can view my TV service on the V6 box and use the V6 remote - I just need to select the correct HDMI source. It's just a bit frustrating that the TV doesn't automatically recognise the box so I can use the TV remote as the other tatted devices.

Is there a firmware update or a more up to date TV box now available? I suspect if I speak to Samsung they will say it's a Virgin issue and not a Samsung issue... and the customer will be left stuck in the middle.

Thnx

I dont think any TV remote will be capable of operating the V6.