cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV not working

Geem
Tuning in

There has been a fault with our Virgin TV since 17th June. The fix target dates kerp changing. It was meant to have been fixed by today at 1pm but it's now saying 29th June. I have no idea what the fault is. Typical Virgin as I can't speak to a human. I see this as a priority 1! I work for a software company and we would not leave our customers without services for this long. I await a refund for this period. Not really a question as such, just a rant! 

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All customers are seeing the following message when checking for TV faults. (The fix date changes everyday.)

It only relates to customers that have the Stream box and the Disney+ app. 

There's a TV issue in xxx xxx.

Thanks for your patience while we work to fix things as quick as we can.

We hope to fix this by 29 June at 13:00

Our technician is in your area and is working to fix things.

You may find that Disney+ app is unavailable at this time. We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible.

@Geem  and @DaMentalOne 

To help further please state what the actual faults are you seeing with the TV service.

Please include whether it's affecting live TV (SD or HD chanels and list a few) On Demand, Catch Up, Apps etc.  Also include any error messages. 

VM only give refunds for full loss ot broadband or telephone if it's been reported and lasted over 2 days.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

All we see is the starting up message 

Starting up

Message so unable to watch any channels, catch ups, on demand

We assumed it was due to the fault reported on the status check. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved the other person's post to a new thread.

If your TV box is stuck in the reboot loop or it won't start, it has a fault which needs reporting.

You can do so either by calling in (0345 4541111 or 150 from a VM landline) or by waiting on here - which may take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'll report it later, thanks