cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV V6 box and Sonos Beam soundbar audio sync problem

Tommo881
On our wavelength

The Sonos beam is plugged into my Samsung TV via HDMI arc and the audio is completely out of sync, I've tried adjusting the audio delay on the Sonos Beam, the Samsung TV and the Virgin TV V6 box but it can't be synced. The audio is fine when I watch channels via the terrestrial aerial and on the Samsung TV's inbuilt apps so it's definitely a problem with the V6 box.

I've read about other people having the same problem.

Virgin Media: are you going to sort this problem out as your channels are unwatchable?

Please provide a software update to sort out such a basic but major TV viewing problem.

7 REPLIES 7

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Tommo881,

Many thanks for your post - I'm very sorry to hear that you are experiencing the audio sync whilst trying to enjoy our TV services.

We appreciate your feedback regarding the Sonos Beam and your Samsung TV. Whilst we can not always guarantee the performance of our equipment alongside 3rd Party equipment, there has been some useful advice given on this by our community and VIPs in recent threads too.

We will update if we make any changes from our end but apologies for the inconvenience of the syncing issue,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Tommo881
On our wavelength

Hi @Molly_G

Thanks for your reply.

Something that would really help in the mean time that would possibly be doable for your dev team is to have Audio gain in the settings not just Audio delay. Or a separate Video delay. That's the problem I'm having with the Sonos - the audio is synched behind the video so adjusting the audio delay doesn't help.

So on the Audio delay screen in the attached photo - enable it to go into minus numbers not just positive.

Also you said there has been some previous advice - can you point me in that direction (unless it's just saying unplug the speakers).

Tom

IMG_3733.JPG

The question is whether the audio is fine out of the TV's speakers when the TV is connected directly to the V6 using a port such as HDMI (STB) or HDMI 1. If it is then it's not a VM problem, so you need to get help from Samsung or Sonos.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Is it a V6 box or a 360, they both look the same, there are lots of posts about sync problems on the 360 forum.

You can check which box it is on this link,

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-box

Tommo881
On our wavelength

Thanks Roy

Yes it's a 360 box and after reading some of the relevant threads have a workaround that has sorted out the sync issues until there's a software update.

If anyone else with a Sonos Beam is reading this I fixed it by setting the video on the 360 box to 1080i not Automatic. I guess if I watch 4K content changing the video to 4K should work as well.

@Roger_Gooner this is a known issue with the 360 box and the developers are working on a fix.

Thanks for sharing your solution, Tommo881.