cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV V6 On Demand

markfree
Tuning in

Hi Team,

We had an issue with our V6 box for the last 4 years, Catch Up and On Demand both do not work and displays the 'temporarily unavailable V210' error. We had a great engineer (Lee) over to sort out our broadband a few weeks ago and asked if he could have a quick look. After doing the Network Reset stuff and testing on his app that our service was working correctly, he basically said we needed a new tv box.

How do we go about requesting a self install Virgin TV 360 box? He said this should sort us out.

Thanks
Mark.

13 REPLIES 13

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

V360 is a completely different software platform with substantial differences to TiVo/V6, I would not recommend anyone converting without being fully aware of that.

With that in mind... can you explain the problems you're having? You've mentioned V210 errors on VoD, is that affecting all programmes or just specific ones? Are you having any issues with your TV Guide or other streaming services?

Worst case here is that you may need a replacement V6, but even that's far from proven.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry, I didn't get notification that I had a reply.

I will get the exact error message when I get home, but selecting Catch Up or On Demand I get an error message about the service is temporarily unavailable.

Telephone support tried a few things to try to get it to work and the recent engineer visit probably tried the same things. I had given up trying to get it to work after being told it would fix its self if I left it for 1 hour 😉

The engineer suggest 360 O/S and new box. I'm quite happy for just a new v6 box.

Everything else works perfectly on the v6 box.

Mark.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ultimately, a V6 & 360 have the same connectivity requirements but just run substantially different software so are likely to have the same issue unless we find what the underlying cause is. And there's no guarantee you even need any replacement kit - just a methodical approach to fault-finding.

Your box connects to the internet via your homehub, and this is what makes any online functionality work. Is yours connected wirelessly, or by Ethernet cable?

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, I'm looking for two things.. 1: The IP address allocation in the top-right, and 2: Regular successful connections reported on the left.

If your V6 is connected wirelessly, then also the signal strength in the top-right.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

The error message is V210 on both services. V6 box is currently wireless connected, but has been wired previously with no luck with VOD & CU. Network updates via the System menu are always successful and one of the things the engineer tried. I will check the IP allocation and connection report tonight when home.

Engineer suspected that I have a faulty box and as it worked for about 1 year may he is right.

IP Address is showing as 192.168.0.19 (Wireless 100%) , Network Connection Last attempt Fri 01/04/2022 18:18, Succeeded.

All appears to be working fine connection wise

Connect to Virgin Media Service all 100%

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Lovely. That proves that internet connectivity isn't the issue. You've not mentioned issues with your TV guide either.

Next up - prove what is & isn't affected.. you've mentioned VoD giving error V210. How about iPlayer or YouTube?

Hi,

Everything else works correctly. Only VoD and Catch Up are affected and display V210 error. Engineer thought the V6 box was faulty and I'm tending to agree with him. Just not sure how to go about getting a replacement.

Mark.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not necessarily a hardware fault, but certainly needing VM intervention.

Given this thread appears to have been missed by the staff team, I'll give it a gentle nudge for you.

Brilliant, thanks very much