Menu
StopItRawr
Well-informed
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Control - Subtitle Position

@MikeyC4 wrote:

Four months on, and my subtitles are still halfway up the screen, obscuring the actual image. 

Are the team still ‘actively investigating’ this, or did it get forgotten about?

What do you think.

If there's one thing you'll guarantee, is that accessibility is seen as a cost, not a benefit to these companies, a cost they can't be bothered to invest in.

I've since switched to Sky, who unlike VM, have invested in Subtitling for their On Demand and Box set systems, however they also lack subtitle support for streaming but at least they've stated they're working on it!

burkeyisalright
Tuning in
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Isn’t it about time subtitles position should be able to be in a bar at the bottom/top of the screen so as not to obscure the viewing full stop 

surly this can’t be such a hard tweak ? That a multi million company can’t achieve in a matter of days not weeks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi burkeyisalright,

Thanks for posting.

I have looked into the issue with the subtitles and it's still under investigation.

Apologies for any inconvenience this is causing at the moment and we're hoping this will be resolved with future updates.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos