Menu
Hicksy77321
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Sky Cinema On Demand Vs Now TV

Can anybody confirm if the Sky Cinema film selection on Now TV should be exactly the same as the Sky Cinema through Virgin on demand. The reason I ask is because when I spoke to Virgin about upgrading to the Sky Cinema on demand they informed me that it should be exactly the same.

Well I currently have both, and I've just seen that there is a film within the Now TV Sky Cinema Disney that isn't on the Virgin Sky Cinema Disney! I'm not happy about this because once again I've been misinformed by Virgin, with them telling me I no longer need Now TV for sky cinema as I have it on Virgin, but now I have noticed this, how many other films are there that I haven't noticed that aren't on Virgin Sky on demand? I'm really starting to lose my trust in Virgin. 😡😔

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Sky Cinema On Demand Vs Now TV

It may very well at the time that there were no differences, but contracts between the primary broadcaster and companies that take their services change and such changes are rarely if ever made public.

This is not in fact a V6 issue it is more a Virgin TV issue.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
Hicksy77321
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I never thought it would ever be a V6 issue, however if I've got Sky Cinema Disney on Virgin and you've got Sky Cinema Disney on Now TV, I would have thought that the film titles would be exactly the same no?

0 Kudos
dante01
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Isn't Now TV restricted to 720p and stereo 2 channel audio? You'd get SKY Cinema and Movies at a higher resolution and with 5.1 Dolby Digital if accessing the films via the V6.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hicksy77321
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes correct, but surely there should be the same titles on both devices?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Hicksy77321, 

Thanks so much for your posts!

As some of our community have advised, the content can differ between providers. This is down to the licensing that each provider has with that channel - in this case Sky. 

Hope that clears things up for you.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide