cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media V6 TV Box Flashing Red & White Light & Stuck at Startup

PaulBlight
Joining in

I thought I would post some information with respect to a recent issue with my Virgin V6 TV Box which has had a recent problem which may be helpful to others. 

I recently returned home to find the Broadband and Phone working but the Virgin TV V6 Box flashing White / Red lights on the front and when the TV is turned on it gets stuck on Start up.   

I have spoken to Virgin Media Call Centre on this who have tried restarting the TV Service and tried with various reboots and cable changes.    An engineer was then called who provided the following useful information. 

This is an issue with the Hard Drive on the V6 Box,  The engineer confirmed that this issue is caused when the Hard Drive Breaks or where it stops functioning.  It could be that the box has been faulty from the start and tries to access an area of memory which it hasn't previously used or it could fail during a software update.   I had only had my Virgin V6 Box since November and the engineer confirmed that these failures are unfortunately quite often occurring with the current batch of boxes.  There is no remedy to this problem apart from a new box which may either be sent by post or (at the moment) are needing an engineer to visit to confirm the status of the Box and they will install a new box.  

The Box is then sent back to Virgin Hardware for rebuild and repair.  

There is no fix that can be performed by the user or engineer and a new box is the only way forward.   

The engineer confirmed these hard drives can fail at any time.

Unfortunately this means that any programmes or films on the box will be lost when a new box is installed.  Series Links will need to be reprogrammed. 

If you see this problem with your V6 Box, I strongly suggest that you speak to Virgin Media as soon as possible, confirm the issue with them and ask for an engineer visit as soon as possible or that they send a replacement box.   There is no Fix that the home user can perform.  

I hope this is helpful 

Paul Blight 

1 REPLY 1

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @PaulBlight

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post.

Thank you so much for sharing you experience with us. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M