Menu
Highlighted
Jermary
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media V6 Remote does not control Volume on bose solo 5 Soundbar

When I press the volume button, the image appears on the screen either + or -, but the sound does not alter. I have tried setting up the remote as the on screen instructions, but cannot get the volume to move. I previously had a sky q box and it worked ok on that remote, so I figure its me rather than the remote. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media V6 Remote does not control Volume on bose solo 5 Soundbar

To me it sounds like you've setup the remote to control the TV (hence the on-screen display) but as the sound is via the Soundbar then the volume (of the TV) has no effect.

You also have to setup the remote to control the Soundbar separately from the TV (and after you've done the TV setup).  Once you've done this the V6 remote should be able to turn the TV on/off but will send the volume controls (+, - and Mute) to the Soundbar rather than TV.

It's a similar method to the TV setup, and instructions are here (under the heading "Control your AV device using your Virgin TV remote"):

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-using-tv-remote#tab1

As there are only 3 possible codes listed for Bose in the file below then you may find it easier to do the direct "Programming your remote using a device code" rather than the search:

https://assets.virginmedia.com/help/assets/documents/audio_remote_code_list.pdf

(the Bose codes are 1070, 1170 and 1224)

Keith

Superuser1718.png

0 Kudos
Jermary
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Keith

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Have tried the codes as listed for bose, but nothing changed. All done as per the instructions, but no code seems to have been accepted. Not the end of the world, just a bit frustrating. Thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have a Denon soundbar and there were instructions in the Denon manual for "pairing" any remote to the box. I did that rather than follow the VM protocol and after disabling the TV speakers the V6 remote controls the Denon volume nicely. Might be worth checking if the Bose box can do similar.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Jermary
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Keith

Thanks for your detailed reply. I have carried out the steps as listed but it has not changed anything. Its probably user error, and is not the end of the world to use another remote for the volume, just a bit frustrating.

0 Kudos