cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Box Failure

Hammerboy86
Just joined

Hi,
My virgin tv box comes up with a green screen and ‘dvr has detected a serious problem….’ Message and has now stayed on this screen all day.

ive repeatedly tried to call customer services and either get cut off or no reply.

Does this mean my box has failed?

Thanks in advance!!

3 REPLIES 3

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi yes. Regards Micky

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, the green "DVR has detected an error" message does mean your box has failed and will need replacing.

Calling into faults is the quickest way to report this - once you've chosen the options for "I have a fault with my TV service", don't press any further buttons and wait for an agent. If you have any more issues with calling through, do post back with details and VIP users may be able to expedite a response for you.

Otherwise a VM response on here is likely to take a couple of days - hence calling being quicker.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Hammerboy86

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the issues you are experiencing with your TV box. Your box will need to be replaced.

I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details to arrange this for you. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can.

Best wishes,

Serena