Menu
Highlighted
ericph
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Video output settings

My VM V6 box does not remember the video output settings when the V6 box is placed on standby. When the V6 box is turned they are defaulted them to 576p.

Does anybody have a solution or do i need to request a new V6 Box from VM?  

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Video output settings

It seems to do this when it doesn't detect a tv when you switch it on.

Does it still do it if the tv is on and you are switched to the TiVo HDMI input on the tv - and then switch the V6 on?

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
ericph
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Changing the order on turning the devices on does not make any difference.

The output video setting if 1080i was saved ebfore and was always remembered, but I suspect since an update from VM it has stopped working.

For information, the output of the V6 is routed through a Sony STR-DN1080 amplifier to the TV.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You need to rule out the intermediate device.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
ericph
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As it worked before it should not matter as i have instructed the V6 box to only use 1080i.  I suspect that there is a defect in the V6 software to store the output video settings.

Saving the setting with the three thumbs up obviously does not work.

0 Kudos
crypticc
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

In order to test the problems in my signature I tried the different resolution modes only yesterday, and it worked.  (That is aside from the bug in my signature error tivo then ignores and picks the lowest resolution  or 2160 if you have that picked.  But the 1080i setting itself is saved)

Which firmware version are you and I'll compare tomorrow.

Chris

----------------------------------------------------------
2011 TiVo scaling bug

TiVo upscaling output

2017 Tivo-scaling bug

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Go into the video output settings and uncheck everything but 2160 and 2160 passthrough
That should do it.
0 Kudos
ericph
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Platform: DCX960

Harwdare Version: 2048.0

Software Version: 20.8.1.rc11-vmb-11-c68

0 Kudos
JonHeath1980
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Did anyone get to the bottom of this? Is it a confirmed bug, as I have the same issue.

I have a HDMI splitter that goes to a 4k capable TV, a 1080p capable TV, and a HDMI > Scart converter for distribution around the house on Coax (via a RF modulator).

To try and keep everything stable I have set the Video Output to be 1080i. Everything else is unticked.

This works to an extent but only if the TV's are on when you set this setting. If for example I turn all the TV's off except the 4k TV, then I start to hit problems. The 4k TV on it's own seems to invoke the v6 box to change the Video Output setting! I go into the menu and it's set at 2160p, on its own accord. The 1080i setting is lost and I get no output on the other TV. The only way to fix it is to manually change the Video Output setting all over again to 1080i. This will only work until the next time I happen to turn TV's on/off in a way that means the V6 box changes the setting again to 2160p.

I have tried other combinations of resolution on the output setting but it still wants to reset to 2160p only.

I have tried a different splitter (a 2 output one) with just the 4k TV and the 1080p TV on it, but the same thing happens. The 4k TV always seems to manage to change the v6 box video output setting. 

Any advice? I did think about purchasing a different splitter that had a top capability of 1080p.

Cheers

Jon

0 Kudos