Menu
lempsky
Superfast
Message 51 of 518
Flag for a moderator

Re: Video Output Settings

If i understood that correctly i should just tick 1080 and 2160 on my 4k tv ,and my tv not V6 will upscale Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
anap
Dialled in
Message 52 of 518
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately not. ALL output will be 1080.
deans6571
Problem sorter
Message 53 of 518
Flag for a moderator

@lempsky wrote:
If i understood that correctly i should just tick 1080 and 2160 on my 4k tv ,and my tv not V6 will upscale Smiley Wink

If the bug didn't exist then yes, your TV would do the scaling however, because of the bug, all content gets scaled at the lowest output that you choose i.e. 1080. 

lempsky
Superfast
Message 54 of 518
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for answering so i can not stop the V6 from upscaling. Just seems mad did ask Rose_B for best settings ect and clarity but still waiting.

0 Kudos
lempsky
Superfast
Message 55 of 518
Flag for a moderator

Bump Rose-B
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 56 of 518
Flag for a moderator

Hi lempsky,

I can see that this has been answered numerous times on this thread regarding the settings so if there's anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
tonyworks
Superfast
Message 57 of 518
Flag for a moderator

Hi, its true! The box does all the scaling (badly) to your lowest setting if all the resolution boxes are ticked. If you only tick the 1080 then all pictures are scaled to this resolution by your box, not your tv. If you tick all the resolutions then the box will downscale all to the lower resolution.

deans6571
Problem sorter
Message 58 of 518
Flag for a moderator

@tonyworks wrote:

Hi, its true! The box does all the scaling (badly) to your lowest setting if all the resolution boxes are ticked. If you only tick the 1080 then all pictures are scaled to this resolution by your box, not your tv. If you tick all the resolutions then the box will downscale all to the lower resolution.

...exactly - so basically, there's no way for the TV to do the scaling because of the existing bug!

'Native' mode (by selecting all formats supported by the TV) should mean that content will be passed straight through to the TV without the V6 scaling so the tv will do the scaling, but it currently does not do this.

@ 

lempsky
Superfast
Message 59 of 518
Flag for a moderator

I asked you the specific qstn because you represent virgin media and would give me a definitive answer,am not trying to put you on the spot hun. If you could answer my qstn i,d be obliged.

0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 60 of 518
Flag for a moderator

@lempsky

when you go to 'settings' > 'video output' have you tried selecting only 2160 (pass through only)?    

Since I made that change, my 4K Panasonic displays video output as 3840 x 2160   and there is a considerable improvement in picture quality e.g. the TV is doing the up-scaling... (although alas it didn't fix the lip sync issue...)

0 Kudos