cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Output Settings

anap
Up to speed

Please could someone tell me if the Video Output Settings have been corrected in the V6. i.e. Do they now work like they are described in the info screen or are they like the TiVo but with extra 2160 settings?

659 REPLIES 659

@minion101 wrote:

also did not work if anything other than 2160 selected.

- Iplayer UHD /HLG 

Because the BBC use 50Hz as their frame rate exclusively and do not broadcast anything using any other frame rate. They primarily are a TV broadcaster.

anap
Up to speed

New firmware still hasn't fixed this!

Thanks for checking.  Virgin support should be ashamed...they posted would into it and then nada.

----------------------------------------------------------

2020 Tivo-scaling bug (nearly resolved)

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

@anap wrote:

...what exactly is the new firmware version number?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@deans6571 wrote:

@anap wrote:

...what exactly is the new firmware version number?

5.8.1.RC11

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@crypticc wrote:

Thanks for checking.  Virgin support should be ashamed...they posted would into it and then nada.

Funny thing is it works correctly on the US version, this bug has been around for about 6 years on the UK version if you include the Tivo

*edit found this post from 2012

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Tivo-Video-Output-Despite-set-to-720p-1080i-HD-ch...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@dannylau wrote:

@crypticc wrote:

Funny thing is it works correctly on the US version, this bug has been around for about 6 years on the UK version if you include the Tivo

*edit found this post from 2012

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Tivo-Video-Output-Despite-set-to-720p-1080i-HD-ch...

It the one in my signature from 2011.   It worked properly momentarily before that.

----------------------------------------------------------

2020 Tivo-scaling bug (nearly resolved)

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

Been reading through this thread, confusing to say the least. I don’t use the V6 for Netflix or any other apps as i have those native on my TV. That being said, do I just have the 1080i checked or should I check 576i as well? I was told elsewhere to check everything under 1080p? 

I don’t use the box for any uhd content, although i have a 4k QLED but only watch the SD and HD channels, Sky Cinema HD and SD Sky News etc. 

@Rodd1000 wrote:

Been reading through this thread, confusing to say the least. I don’t use the V6 for Netflix or any other apps as i have those native on my TV. That being said, do I just have the 1080i checked or should I check 576i as well? I was told elsewhere to check everything under 1080p? 

I don’t use the box for any uhd content, although i have a 4k QLED but only watch the SD and HD channels, Sky Cinema HD and SD Sky News etc. 

...my understanding is, that it depends if you want the TV to upscale 1080 content to 2160, in which case, you would have the V6 set to 1080, or if you want the V6 to upscale, set the V6 to 2160.  I don't see the benefit ini also checking 576i as well though?

Perhaps a Superuser can clarify.....

@deans6571 wrote:

@Rodd1000 wrote:

...my understanding is, that it depends if you want the TV to upscale 1080 content to 2160, in which case, you would have the V6 set to 1080, or if you want the V6 to upscale, set the V6 to 2160.  I don't see the benefit ini also checking 576i as well though?

Perhaps a Superuser can clarify.....

I asked about 576i as I was foolishly thinking the V6 was smart enough (DOH!) to recognise the resolution of the currently selected channel. If this was the case, then when SD channels are selected, the box then defaults to 576i and vice versa with 1080i etc. Ideally allowing the TV to handle all upscaling duties. I think this is how it should work, but it seems not.