cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Output Settings

anap
Up to speed

Please could someone tell me if the Video Output Settings have been corrected in the V6. i.e. Do they now work like they are described in the info screen or are they like the TiVo but with extra 2160 settings?

659 REPLIES 659

@lempsky wrote:

None, certainly not the issue this thread is for, i still have v6 on player pckg for 1 pound a mnth  40 quid 100 meg BB, watching new series Brittania on sky atlantic in UHD,all eps and formats were available,tv wise you cant beat them its just BB that keeps me with Virgin for now.

.....so are you getting better picture quality on Sky Q than you were with the V6 (I’m also considering moving to Sky as they offer more choice for the same price)?

@modge wrote:

Even 1080i looks worse than 720...can’t figure it out

Hmm - might try the 720p setting  on the V6 to see how it displays on my Samsung 1080p TV. Wonder if it will give a better picture than what the V6 is currently set to (1080i)......?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@deans6571 On my now broken 1080P Samsung, I’m sure I had a good picture just selecting 1080P and 1080P passthru.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Ernie_C wrote:

@deans6571 On my now broken 1080P Samsung, I’m sure I had a good picture just selecting 1080P and 1080P passthru.

@Ernie_C

If I’m 100% honest, the differences between selecting 1080p and 1080i (which is what I have at the moment) are almost negligible (there is a slight improvement when choosing 1080i but not much) so it will be interesting to see if I can see any bigger differences when I select just 720p. 

@deans6571 wrote:

@lempsky wrote:

None, certainly not the issue this thread is for, i still have v6 on player pckg for 1 pound a mnth  40 quid 100 meg BB, watching new series Brittania on sky atlantic in UHD,all eps and formats were available,tv wise you cant beat them its just BB that keeps me with Virgin for now.

@lempsky

.....so are you getting better picture quality on Sky Q than you were with the V6 (I’m also considering moving to Sky as they offer more choice for the same price)?

@deans6571 wrote:

@Ernie_C wrote:

@Ernie_C

If I’m 100% honest, the differences between selecting 1080p and 1080i (which is what I have at the moment) are almost negligible (there is a slight improvement when choosing 1080i but not much) so it will be interesting to see if I can see any bigger differences when I select just 720p. 

Ok, here’s what I’m finding:

Having my V6 set to 1080i & 1080p Passthrough gives the following info on my TV, when pressing the ‘Info’ button on the TV remote - 1920 x 1080/50i

When, then selecting 720p & 1080p Passthrough on the V6, the TV then gives the following info - 1280 x 720 / 50p

The picture quality in both cases IS EXACTLY the same though (viewing the animated feature film, Capture The Flag, on CH4HD). 

Is one of these settings more preferable than the other?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

..and only 1080P and 1080P passthru?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@deans6571 wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@Ernie_C wrote:

@Ernie_C

Ok, here’s what I’m finding:

Having my V6 set to 1080i & 1080p Passthrough gives the following info on my TV, when pressing the ‘Info’ button on the TV remote - 1920 x 1080/50i

When, then selecting 720p & 1080p Passthrough on the V6, the TV then gives the following info - 1280 x 720 / 50p

The picture quality in both cases IS EXACTLY the same though (viewing the animated feature film, Capture The Flag, on CH4HD). 

Is one of these settings more preferable than the other?

You've been through this numerous times before. Broadcast HD in the UK is 1080i so setting it to 1080i should give the best possible picture but if you find setting it to others works better then choose that. 

I kept my settings on my v6 with uhd upscale enabled because if watch standard sd the picture I find not that great if any different settings. HD is really good still, but virgin has no 4k at present so can't comment on this

@Ernie_C wrote:

..and only 1080P and 1080P passthru?

....that shows the same 1920 x 1080 /50p but again, picture quality is the same as the other settings.