cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Output Settings

anap
Up to speed

Please could someone tell me if the Video Output Settings have been corrected in the V6. i.e. Do they now work like they are described in the info screen or are they like the TiVo but with extra 2160 settings?

659 REPLIES 659

You could argue that the apparent lack of thought or effort by Rose is offensive to people who have been infuriated by this bug for many years. If she's the only person who's even going to respond to this thread then frankly it doesn't look like anything will ever get done. We need a response from someone at virgin who appears to be at least paying attention. It would be good if Rose wrote what she understands to be the issue and then we can respond with clarification if needed. At the moment it just looks like it never gets reported to anyone properly because no one from virgin on this thread seems to understand it. 

I suspect it is more that the processes don't help facilitate tracking multiple issues and the threads that they're captured. I do not think anyone is intentionally neglecting the problem.
----------------------------------------------------------

2020 Tivo-scaling bug (nearly resolved)

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

@Ernie_C wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@ModTeam wrote:

Hi all,

Just a reminder to be aware of the forum guidelines in particular:

• Be respectful and courteous of others. Respect the fact that everyone has different opinions and debates should be healthy and never offensive.

Nobody here has been disrespectful or offensive to anyone else - we’re just all frustrated that nothing has yet been done to fix this bug.....

Would you like to be called INEPT and told that you wouldn’t be employed even for free? I think not.

...I don't recall seeing a post from anyone, calling anyone else, "....inept" (if one exists, and I have missed it, then thats my mistake)....?

Looking back at just this thread alone, a Mod first responded to post 1(anap's post), WAAAAY back on 12th January 2017 and yet here we all are, ONE YEAR LATER, with zero signs that anybody has even looked into this any further....

It's pretty clear that either nobody at VM has a clue on what the bug actually is and how to fix it (hence why it hasn't been escalated), or the issue has just been forgotten about....

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lempsky wrote:

Ha Rose_B , did you read her post,as i said INEPT... were going round in circles you have been told in great detail what this bug is,i would not employ you for free..

@deans6571 Here's the offending post. In my opinion, those who gave kudos to this post are equally as culpable. Not sure what the post adds to the thread anyway.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Ernie_C wrote:

@lempsky wrote:

Ha Rose_B , did you read her post,as i said INEPT... were going round in circles you have been told in great detail what this bug is,i would not employ you for free..

@deans6571 Here's the offending post. In my opinion, those who gave kudos to this post are equally as culpable. Not sure what the post adds to the thread anyway.

...in that case, I stand corrected, I did indeed miss that post, Smiley Surprised and do agree with you, it's a pointless comment.

@Ernie_C wrote:

@lempsky wrote:

Frustration in that nothing is getting done about this issue.

@shawty1984 wrote:

@Ernie_C wrote:

@lempsky wrote:

But it's like calling the PR spokesman at Manchester United Inept because they lost to Arsenal, or something.

This is due to failings at the development end. The team operate a Black Box strategy where nobody outside of them knows what's going on. It affected the Hub 3 trial and the same stands here. That's not the fault of any of the team here and I'm sure they are sick of banging their heads against the brick wall above them also.

Calling people names like that doesn't help anyone and we need the team here on side to at least try to make it clear that people really would like these bugs looked at properly.

Its not really the same as your Man U scenario. The Virgin response is more like if a Man U PR person had responded to them losing every match for a year with "so what's the problem again?"It's the lack of awareness that's shocking, not the lack of responsibility.

Hi,

This is not personal at all. It is just the bad way VM act in just ignoring the true problem.

What we need is a proper technical investigation to this problem and a full report on why it is not fixed. Not too much to ask is it?

I do wonder if they have any technical staff as all I seem to get is a response from a public relations person saying "they will look into it"

Well 5 years of looking into it should have produced some results by now, even if is it a "don't know how to fix it". Please could some technical person look at this and give us some answer so we can get this matter resolved and closed.

Thanks

Tony

@StopItRawr wrote:

@shawty1984 wrote:

@Ernie_C wrote:

@lempsky wrote:

But it's like calling the PR spokesman at Manchester United Inept because they lost to Arsenal, or something.

This is due to failings at the development end. The team operate a Black Box strategy where nobody outside of them knows what's going on. It affected the Hub 3 trial and the same stands here. That's not the fault of any of the team here and I'm sure they are sick of banging their heads against the brick wall above them also.

Calling people names like that doesn't help anyone and we need the team here on side to at least try to make it clear that people really would like these bugs looked at properly.

Ok more frustration at the reply by the forum team.