cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Output Settings

anap
Up to speed

Please could someone tell me if the Video Output Settings have been corrected in the V6. i.e. Do they now work like they are described in the info screen or are they like the TiVo but with extra 2160 settings?

659 REPLIES 659

I guess you have a native 50hz panel as passthrough output is restricted to 24/25/30 fps

I've got a 60hz panel so don't allow pass through so the v6 box scales the output as a raw signal then i have my tv set to do almost a 2/1 ratio at 102hz makes the uhd seem alot smoother

I believe that all European TVs support both 50Hz and 60Hz sources. However a TV made specifically for the US market will most likely support only 60Hz.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Nando010
On our wavelength

How do you check fps?

Mine just says it's a 60 I think Roger but the movies and stuff All seem ok letting the v6 do the scaling with just 2160p only so I'm happy now it was just learning more about the frame rates to have the most accurate smoothing I could add without much problems once I found the correct display output for the hd and uhd

The sd didn't get much benefit which is what I was originally aiming for 😀

I have got sd a bit better with tweaking some tv settings but on longshot it's still really pixilated if I'm honest

Close shots look pretty decent though

My tv only shows ratio 16.9 and resolution 2160p using the remotes info button

If it's like my lg it will be 3 dots ... then press to info

Without pass through enabled on uhd it will be 50fps though which Google should confirm for the ultra hd channel and BT sports ultimate

Like I say I'm positive passthrough enables a maximum of 30 mate

@Nando010 wrote:

How do you check fps?

Check your TV remote control instructions, there should be a way to get your TV to display the fps input to it. That's how it works with the Panasonic and Samsung TVs I've seen.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Haha

I don't believe it

I pressed the button on my remote that i explained shows the information and on there under info it says sports so I clicked it an it said sports mode enabled

Description says sets veiwing for sports optimal veiwing 🙂 ?

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@Nando010 wrote:

How do you check fps?

Check your TV remote control instructions, there should be a way to get your TV to display the fps input to it. That's how it works with the Panasonic and Samsung TVs I've seen.

I’m not sure Samsung TVs are able to display FPS. Pressing ‘Info’ on the remote only display resolution information - it doesn’t display FPS information.....

Sorry about all the confusion

I think it will be best to have passthrough enabled with motion smoothing disabled and let the v6 send the video output to your tv in the correct fps automatically

While most of the channels were ok with the information I gave I noticed a couple of channels were still out of sync

Whether they are us based broadcasting is unclear but that would be 30fps and gave issues for the setting I had at 102hz

Feeling too tired for it now and without clear upto date information regarding virgin media channels fps it would mostly be a guessing game although I could of had a preset of 5/10 smoothing for a fake 90 fps at a 3.1 ratio I haven't got the exact details about it so I think I'm going 2160p & 2160p passthrough without any smoothing except for my movie cinema preset and play around with 2/10 72hz, 6/10 96hz & 10/10 120hz and see if 3.1, 4.1 or 5.1 is better but 2/10 seemed good with no faults

10/10 looks mint for action but has occasional blips 😮

This seems the best way I can think of at the moment sorry 

The only other way would be 10/10 motion smoothing of 120hz( and check for 30fps ) which I've been using that was faultless on alibi so if this is a 30fps us broadcast I will test further on the standard preset

And keep 7/10 102hz for the sports and uk pal channels 25fps like bbc channel 4 ect and experiment on the cinema preset for the best ratio for the movies as described but I will fully test before posting this again 

FYI the smithsonian channel was the 1 I noticed the sync issue with

Quick research of the smithsonian channel fps and no wonder it was having trouble with dejudder active it is unbelievably running at 1000 fps which is somehow running smoothly at 120hz

10 out of 10 for dejudder (standard preset)

I'm guessing some channels broadcast from the US (30fps) will be fine at this while pal (uk) 25fps would be best at 102hz

7 out of 10 dejudder (sports preset)

Movies (24fps) probably any combination

Of 2 out of 10 - 7 out of 10 - 10 out of 10 for dejudder depending on preference of 72hz - 96hz - 120hz (movie preset)

It's seems better using passthrough though so I recommend having both selected to allow passthrough

4k tv 2160p & 2160p passthrough 

Full HD tv 1080p & 1080p passthrough

HD ready tv 1080i

☺ dejudder = trumotion for LG or equivalent for different manufacturer