cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Output Settings

anap
Up to speed

Please could someone tell me if the Video Output Settings have been corrected in the V6. i.e. Do they now work like they are described in the info screen or are they like the TiVo but with extra 2160 settings?

659 REPLIES 659

@tonyworks wrote:

Hi,

This is not personal at all. It is just the bad way VM act in just ignoring the true problem.

What we need is a proper technical investigation to this problem and a full report on why it is not fixed. Not too much to ask is it?

I do wonder if they have any technical staff as all I seem to get is a response from a public relations person saying "they will look into it"

Well 5 years of looking into it should have produced some results by now, even if is it a "don't know how to fix it". Please could some technical person look at this and give us some answer so we can get this matter resolved and closed.

Thanks

Tony

I've been calling for greater transparency at VM for years.

It isn't the fault of those on the front line that they're not realistically the ones who have the training to know what these technical issues all are.

The people who do know, and are responsible for this sort of thing hide behind the 1st and 2nd line teams. There is no accountability for those who do firmware development of either TiVo systems or the (Super)Hub equipment and it means that they frankly give a public perception that they do not seem to care, and give no evidence to prove otherwise.

Blame the organ grinders sure, but don't blame those put out to talk to use because their superiors don't care enough to face the music themselves.

If it draws attention hoo ra , my job is done..lets all stick together and keep pushing well most of us..

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lempsky How’s it going with SkyQ? Any major issues for those considering moving?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

None, certainly not the issue this thread is for, i still have v6 on player pckg for 1 pound a mnth  40 quid 100 meg BB, watching new series Brittania on sky atlantic in UHD,all eps and formats were available,tv wise you cant beat them its just BB that keeps me with Virgin for now.

valleyboy22
Dialled in
Mine only seems to get a good all round picture when my v6 is set to 720p with my uhd turned on with my Samsung

modge
On our wavelength

Hi LG OLED55C7V UHD 4K and strangely enough the best picture I get is 720 selected as well...not sure what’s going on there.

modge

Yeah apparently 1080i with uhd upscale applied but don't do it for me.

The v6 boxes, well some of them looks like there is a bug issue and causing problems. Set it to full 4k in the v6 settings with the uhd upscale on and goes bad, especially sd channels

modge
On our wavelength

Even 1080i looks worse than 720...can’t figure it out

Agree. 720p suits my tv in the uhd upscale on my Samsung tv.