cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Output Settings

anap
Up to speed

Please could someone tell me if the Video Output Settings have been corrected in the V6. i.e. Do they now work like they are described in the info screen or are they like the TiVo but with extra 2160 settings?

659 REPLIES 659

At the very least one of the moderators should comment on this mess and raise it as an issue that hasn't been resolved for years. 

@tonyworks wrote:

There must be someone we can contact for an answer.

Someone technical who knows about these things. There must be a proper technical department that we could work with to resolve this issue. Come on VM rise to the challange. ( just try reading these comments first!)

..are you 'avvin' a larrrf?!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy 

The only 'technical' people at VM are the engineers and some of those are about as technical as my pet cat (I had to show my engineer how to install the V6 last year as he had no idea).....

Smiley Very Happy

I guess if no one from the company reply,s to this thread with any sort of answer/direction/action bar the usual , we will look into it line,that would be our answer.What the point of the user giving valuable info on product if they dont act on it.

There should be a direct line to the technical department. I do not mean the "engineers" that install the equipment after a few hours of training at best, but the boffins who job it is to sort out hardware  and software problems.

They should be monitoring the forums.

Perhaps it may be best to just keep opening new forum topics on the same issue. If several of us all open a new topic about this problem they(VM) may just take some notice.

To VM ...is there any body there???

Ps cats are very clever 

crypticc
Fibre optic
@ROSE_B and @Kath_F you had once raised this to tech support on the other thread. Did you ever hear back from them please or is there a reference number we can track for the complaint to TiVo?

Link to 2016 thread in my signature.

Here's link to the 2011 thread

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Picture-Upscaling/td-p/361285/page/2

Thanks
Chris
----------------------------------------------------------

2020 Tivo-scaling bug (nearly resolved)

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

What we really need is for some SuperUsers to get involved in this discussion and ask them to tag the VM mods who watch these forums. 

It’s pointless any of us lot tagging a VM Mod (as crypticc has done above) as these Mods don’t get notified when we tag them - they only get notified when a SuperUser tags them. 

All I can say is for a communications company (VM) that does not have any email address is not a very good communications company. I am now having to resort to writing a letter and posting it to them as there is no other way of contacting them!

Only goes to show that they do not want to talk to thier customers. 

@tonyworks wrote:

All I can say is for a communications company (VM) that does not have any email address is not a very good communications company. I am now having to resort to writing a letter and posting it to them as there is no other way of contacting them!

Only goes to show that they do not want to talk to thier customers. 

...agreed!

Note also that no Mod has responded to this thread since August last year.

Make you wonder.........

Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I can see there are many posts here with suggestions regarding what settings to use.

I'll need to chase this up again to the team so please let me know who's currently being affected and what settings you're using.

I'll need as much information from you as possible so I can forward this on.

Thank you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Rose. I'm sure others will provide details again as to exactly what this issue/bug is. But basically the tivo does not aallow the tv to do any upscaling. Also just to reiterate again, this is *not* an issue affecting some people, it is a bug affecting every single Virgin tv customer with a v6