cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Output Settings

anap
Up to speed

Please could someone tell me if the Video Output Settings have been corrected in the V6. i.e. Do they now work like they are described in the info screen or are they like the TiVo but with extra 2160 settings?

659 REPLIES 659

If i understood that correctly i should just tick 1080 and 2160 on my 4k tv ,and my tv not V6 will upscale 😉

Unfortunately not. ALL output will be 1080.

@lempsky wrote:
If i understood that correctly i should just tick 1080 and 2160 on my 4k tv ,and my tv not V6 will upscale 😉

If the bug didn't exist then yes, your TV would do the scaling however, because of the bug, all content gets scaled at the lowest output that you choose i.e. 1080. 

Hi thanks for answering so i can not stop the V6 from upscaling. Just seems mad did ask Rose_B for best settings ect and clarity but still waiting.

Bump Rose-B

Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi lempsky,

I can see that this has been answered numerous times on this thread regarding the settings so if there's anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi, its true! The box does all the scaling (badly) to your lowest setting if all the resolution boxes are ticked. If you only tick the 1080 then all pictures are scaled to this resolution by your box, not your tv. If you tick all the resolutions then the box will downscale all to the lower resolution.

@tonyworks wrote:

Hi, its true! The box does all the scaling (badly) to your lowest setting if all the resolution boxes are ticked. If you only tick the 1080 then all pictures are scaled to this resolution by your box, not your tv. If you tick all the resolutions then the box will downscale all to the lower resolution.

...exactly - so basically, there's no way for the TV to do the scaling because of the existing bug!

'Native' mode (by selecting all formats supported by the TV) should mean that content will be passed straight through to the TV without the V6 scaling so the tv will do the scaling, but it currently does not do this.

@ 

I asked you the specific qstn because you represent virgin media and would give me a definitive answer,am not trying to put you on the spot hun. If you could answer my qstn i,d be obliged.

@lempsky

when you go to 'settings' > 'video output' have you tried selecting only 2160 (pass through only)?    

Since I made that change, my 4K Panasonic displays video output as 3840 x 2160   and there is a considerable improvement in picture quality e.g. the TV is doing the up-scaling... (although alas it didn't fix the lip sync issue...)