Menu
TooGood
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VM's tactics for supplying V6 Box exposed

Dear fellow customers.

Like a lot of you, I would like a new V6 box.  I have now called VM several times and I get different answers from different people.

The retention team said I could have one at £60.  VM in India told me it would be £100 + £20 activation fee.

Finally I spoke to a very helpful person in the UK and told me this..

"Virgin Media did not predict the surge of customers who wanted to take up the free V6 box upgrade.  Their suppliers could not cope with demand and so VM staff were told to dissuade people from ordering the box".   He also told me "A lot of orders were not processed/put through the system", "There is a backlog from April which still hasn't been processed", "VM deliberately put a £125 charge on the orders to deter customers", "staff have been directed to stop taking orders if they can for a V6 box unless the customer is new", "faulty boxes will not be replaced with a V6",  "There are meeting taking place regularly to discuss this".  

2.6 million people have been offered this promotion and it seems to me that VM's marketing team have ****** up in a HUGE way.  Unfortunately its is us the customer, paying the exec's wages that have to suffer.  Yes I am annoyed, Yes, I am not happy that I pay £XX per year and told if I want a V6 then I have to pay as stupid fee, designed to stop me upgrading, when someone paying half as much per year gets the V6 for free.  This IMHO is discriminating one customer against another.  It is unfair and I believe it to be dirty tactics. I am also led to believe that there is a lot of confusion which is why I am not getting consistent answers.

Virgin, if you put a deal out there and it goes wrong, you swallow the costs, don't force it on to me.  

If VM wants to confirm what I say, then listen to your recording of the call I had with you yesterday. If VM wants to play dirty tactics then it shouldn't be upset when someone highlights this to the general public.

I am not a happy customer.

Feel free to call me VM, I am happy to explain my dissatisfaction in person with you.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM's tactics for supplying V6 Box exposed

you can't have a box that they don't have.
Sales are the same. If there is a limited number of items you can buy one if they are in stock. If the demand is high that pushes up prices.

Simple really. When the depend lowers chances are the charges will be lifted. If you want one though this high demand you pay extra. If you can wait you may not pay more. Did you try and by RAM DDR4 Ram when the depend was higher then supply, If you did you saw the price go up 3 times higher.

0 Kudos
TooGood
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They should have anticipated the demand to start with.  Poor planning.

I pay a monthly fee to them.  I don't pay PC world a monthly fee for my DDR4.

V6 Boxes are not like stocks and shares that fluctuate, they are a stock item and one price for all should be applied.

If I buy any other appliance and it goes out of stock, the price remains the same.  I don't expect the store to double the price.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you pay for the hardware you have now. As you said upgrading is changing what you have. Currently the upgrade you want is in high demand had has a setup fee attached.

Nothing wrong with the tactics. You cant have what they dont have. you can't get everything for fee. if you are out of contract try and get a v6 included with a renewal. If you are in contract you have what you agreed to.

0 Kudos
Rossmor48
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I upgraded to a V6 at the end of April and I wasn’t charged for the V6 box itself. I did add new services of broadband and phone at the same though and did a £35 charge for that. 

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I upgraded speed by signing a new contract, was offered one free V6 box which was installed one week later.  My monthly bill remains the same.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi TooGood,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

I'm sorry to hear of the experience you have had with regards to a V6 upgrade.

I would like to register your dissatisfaction on your account and this will be logged with Ofcom. If you would like me to do this for you please reply to the Private message I have sent you. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos