cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM not dealing with complaint

Sixela09
Joining in

Does anyone have any advice on getting VM to actually deal with a complaint rather than keep fobbing me off (they clearly haven't even read my complaint properly). Basically I've been having intermittent issues with my TV service for a few months; VM promised to send a new HDMI cable back in December but never did and I couldn't get hold of anyone to speak to about the issue. After going round in circles with the online chat and Whatsapp services I sent a message asking how much my contract would be if I cancelled the TV service as my box is faulty and I was fed up of getting nowhere. I got through to the Retentions Team via whatsapp and was offered a new contract for broadband only. After checking that there would be no charge to change my contract now I agreed to go ahead. Lo and behold, VM have sent me a bill with a termination fee included. I've complained and sent them the Whatsapp conversation and the name of the representative explicitly confirming that I would not pay any charges to change but the response is just 'you have to pay if you cancel' - my point is that I specifically asked the question and was told there would be no charges to change my contract so the new package has been mis-sold and I have been provided with false information. I can't seem to get VM to understand this. Does anyone have any tips? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Contact VM's complaints team, tell them you're unhappy with how they are dealing with the complaint and you want a "deadlock letter".  With that you can escalate the matter to CISAS who will investigate and propose a solution that if you agree is binding on VM.  Without a deadlock letter you can still approach CISAS, and it doesn't matter if VM have rejected it, fobbed it off, or ignored it, but without a deadlock letter VM must have had the complaint for eight weeks before you approach CISAS.

I'll mark for staff to advise - if they can get a prompt and amicable solution that's quicker and easier for you, as well as saving VM a bundle on costs.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Contact VM's complaints team, tell them you're unhappy with how they are dealing with the complaint and you want a "deadlock letter".  With that you can escalate the matter to CISAS who will investigate and propose a solution that if you agree is binding on VM.  Without a deadlock letter you can still approach CISAS, and it doesn't matter if VM have rejected it, fobbed it off, or ignored it, but without a deadlock letter VM must have had the complaint for eight weeks before you approach CISAS.

I'll mark for staff to advise - if they can get a prompt and amicable solution that's quicker and easier for you, as well as saving VM a bundle on costs.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Sixela09, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear about the service issues you've experienced, as well as the difficulty in getting your complaint dealt with

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn