cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM TV code requirement

VMruseless
Joining in

I tried to purchase a movie via VM on my TV. My TV is already setup and has been used to purchase movies via the VM store recently. Now i have to input a code to set up my TV to watch VM movies from the store. I tried the link that was in the message on my TV but it did not open a web page. I tried calling VM but all the lines are now closed. All i wanted was to watch a film via the VM store but now i a have to wait until my next opportunity to watch this film. Like alot of customers we/I pay for the privilege to have movies on demand. In this case they are definitely NOT! 

I will now spend what spare time i have to investigating more reliable internet/TV product providers.

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @VMruseless 

I hope the following will help from the https://www.virginmediastore.com/pages/help-faq page

How do I connect my TV to my Virgin Media Store account?

It’s easy! First, launch the Virgin Media Store app on your TV. Hit ‘Sign in’ or ‘Sign up’ on the top right. You’ll see a unique six-digit code on your TV screen. Then hop onto a web browser on your mobile or computer and go to vmstore.tv, entering the six-digit code you see on your TV. Click Connect TV and follow the steps to sign in to your account.

Not got an account yet? No worries. Just create one by following the on-screen instructions.

Once you’re signed in on your phone or computer, you’ll be automatically signed in on your TV as well. It just takes a moment.

If you don’t use the code, it’ll expire after 30 minutes and you'll have to start again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi VMruseless,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry you faced difficulties when trying to book a movie to watch over the weekend. 

We would not want you to leave, due to this issue, as our valued member @newapollo given some amazing advice already, have you followed the above instructions and been able to purchase a movie since your last post?

Please let us know if you need any further assistance with this issue.

Kind regards Jodi. 

I tried and eventually managed to get my TV logged in to the VM Store. However, I did try to purchase a movie, Kingsman, yesterday evening but yet again I was left wanting by the VM Store. I got to the payment option, all the relevant details correct, and when i tried to process/agree to payment an error message said there was a problem with VM Store completing the transaction. I tried a couple of times but yet again I could not take advantage of the VM Store. At this point I decided to use the Amazon Prime Video service which did not let me down and has always been reliable. I currently have Amazon Prime Video, (never any problems with purchasing content), Netflix (never any problems with purchasing content) and the Virgin media Store, which is a cause of much frustration/dissatisfaction. Hence my investigation into other media entertainment providers. 

Hi @VMruseless thanks for getting back to us.

I am really sorry you're unable to currently use Virgin Media Store.  Can you please advise if you've had any luck since posting? 

Regards

Lee_R

I've not tried since then. I now dont have confidence in the VM Store to deliver. As previously mentioned I am now favouring Amazon and Netflix as my primary choice for entertainment.

Hi @VMruseless 

Thanks for the reply

Please keep us updated if you try this again and we can investigate further if so.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs