cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 with 360 controller

Muns
Joining in

My V6 box failed and has been replaced but the technician has left a 360 remote. Which I can not get to control the tele vol etc etc 

Is there a way to do this? Or do I need a different remote (with a clear button).

Also happy to consider upgrading to 360 if easy to do.

Cheers,

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Muns wrote:

Thank you but the technician who replaced the faulty V6 box took the remote and left a 360 one.

Sadly I'm not surprised because the quality of techs varies from excellent to abysmal.

The lesson here is never to let a tech leave before he demonstrates that your equipment works.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can order a replacement remote using this page , also use the TV Control app on a mobile device in the interim.

@Muns wrote:

Also happy to consider upgrading to 360 if easy to do.

Be extremely careful before going down this route, and only do so after looking at the substantial differences between the two.

360 is not TiVo.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Muns,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry, that you were left the incorrect remote control when your V6 box was swapped out.

Have you been able to order a new remote since you last posted? If not we will be happy to get this ordered for you and sent out via Royal Mail.

Please let us know if you still require assistance. 

With regards to upgrading to our new 360 service, you can check the link here https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/virgin-tv-360.

Kind regards Jodi. 

If your V6 was replaced you just use the existing remote. If you have a problem pairing it with the V6 see this page.

--

Thank you but the technician who replaced the faulty V6 box took the remote and left a 360 one.

Thank you - I have ordered a new compatible remote.

@Muns wrote:

Sadly I'm not surprised because the quality of techs varies from excellent to abysmal.

The lesson here is never to let a tech leave before he demonstrates that your equipment works.

--

Agreed, control of tele vol etc wouldn’t be naturally on my list of things to check, assumed (we all know what that makes) it was just a new design of remote and dashed back to my next zoom call.