cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 volume too low.

CDB1
On our wavelength

Is there a hidden volume control for the V6 box anywhere in the menus?  When I turn the tv from freeview to  Virgin I have to double the volume on the remote control as it's so quiet.  The old Tivo box was fine and we didn't have to touch it.

242 REPLIES 242

The point is you should not have to use additional equipment just to listen to the TV.

Everyone seems to be suggesting way around Virgin's problem.

Why hasn't Virgin sorted this in the last 2 years?

They keep going on about the V6 box is 10 times more powerful, you can record 6 programs but nobody says the sound is crap.

For God's sake sort it out

djb212
On our wavelength

Where is Virgin's response to this?

av-115
Problem sorter

@djb212 wrote:

Where is Virgin's response to this?

They don't care! I would have thought that's clear for all to see by now.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited

This issue just keeps going on. One day we will get an update!!!

Don't hold your breath. They still haven't fixed the picture scaling bug which affects the older TiVo boxes as well, and that's been going on since 2011. There's a 47 pages long thread on that issue.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited

Really? wow, 8 years!!!

Funny that they say they are looking into it then? I guess that is the usual lip service!!

Seriously!!! Are there any mods out there that could give us an update on this? It will keep being bumped up until we get an answer. I have noticed other people starting new threads about this issue, so there are lots of people with the same problem.

Just had 2 V6 boxes installed today. Plugged into the TV with sound output via hdmi arc to Sony surround system. Volume at 65/100 for normal viewing, very quiet, 100/100 is loud-ish, room filling but not movie night loud befitting a system with sub that we can normally do. It's definitely quiet, much quieter than the v+ boxes we had and much quieter than other sources. Tried all the sound settings combination on V6, TV and surround to no avail. Multiple hdmi leads too, but frankly that's just lip service on a digital signal.

Only thing we can do is keep bumping this topic to the top, in the hope that a mod will read it and act!!!

It's typical of VM's customer service. They will eventually acknowledge a fault exists but that's usually as far as it goes. We're paying top $$$ for this every month and I've had 2 V6 boxes now for about 2 years. I've decided that the grass is greener and will be going back to Sky at the end of my present contract.