cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 volume too low.

CDB1
On our wavelength

Is there a hidden volume control for the V6 box anywhere in the menus?  When I turn the tv from freeview to  Virgin I have to double the volume on the remote control as it's so quiet.  The old Tivo box was fine and we didn't have to touch it.

242 REPLIES 242

Lip service!!!!

They do know about it,

You have obviously failed to understand the issue being discussed...

wm29
On our wavelength

There are several minor irritations with VM's service. This is just one of them.

Just like Sky with their older boxes, VM seem to have done the same: i.e. ignore their customers.

It's suck it up or leave, I guess.

Send Engineer To Sort This Out Please

Hoza147
Joining in

I’ve had same it’s stupid how long it’s took to be looked at I have to double volume from free view to v6 I don’t use sound bars or nothing like that I’ve got hdmi straight from box to tv and sound is crap like people have said the louder u turn up vol the background noise increases aswell so it’s pointless 

We've got Gigafast being installed right now, Virgin are going to need to up their game...

Finally found something that works for me! Go to tv settings/sound/expert settings/hdmi audio format change from bitstream to Pcm. My tv is a Samsung 🤞.

I also have a Samsung and changing the audio settings, as you suggested, makes no difference at all the sound is still abysmal, particularly on Sky Movies.

This issue is still going on!!!!

bigmaluk1
Tuning in

We shall resign ourselves to the problem then. 

As someone whose been dealing in electronics, most systems have a facility built in whether in software or hardware to increase the gain of an output circuit.

Even if a customer can't do this surely an engineer can be informed how this can be completed. I find it impossible to think it was designed without being able to do this simple thing. one.