cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 volume too low.

CDB1
On our wavelength

Is there a hidden volume control for the V6 box anywhere in the menus?  When I turn the tv from freeview to  Virgin I have to double the volume on the remote control as it's so quiet.  The old Tivo box was fine and we didn't have to touch it.

242 REPLIES 242

Yep and Virgin find this acceptable, welcome to the club.

Can i join this club if you don't mind. having the same problem with the volume, it's far to low, but what i have noticed that channels in HD have a far better volume level than other normal channels.

Come on Virgin Media, how much longer is this going to continue? It would be nice to have a mod look into this again, and provide an update!!!

Get It Sorted. NOW

Yeah. Please get it sorted. ASAP.

If anyone has any doubt of the inferior sound level carry out this quick test.
Select BBC1 on the V6 box and listen. Then select TV on the source button (instead of HDMI input) on your TV remote and stand by to turn the sound down by at least 30%.
In a nutshell THAT IS THE PROBLEM - GET IT SORTED

Having the same problem, volume can be ok on some channels but is quiet on a lot of the HD ones film 4 is especially bad at the moment. Sometimes it's ok though. Good to see they're  putting the prices up again, maybe they can invest in better signal output hahahahaha

Sean_E
On our wavelength

I made a thread about this about a year ago concerning my Mothers V6. https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/V6-box-volume-noticeably-lower-than-Tivo-box/td-p...

I tried all the usual troubleshooting which didn't work at all, but I managed to improve her sound a bit by getting a more powerful amplifier. I then forgot about the issue knowing that the virgin team said their engineers were looking at solving the V6 low volume issue.

But yesterday, I was switching between Itv2 on freeview and Itv2 on virgin and the sound quality is still vastly superior on FREEVIEW.

Not only is the volume much lower on the v6 box, but the actually clarity of sound seams muddy and compressed. 

Most noticeable and a critical point, is that the dialogue/speech on the v6 seams out of balance with any music that's playing. 

So you turn up the volume to hear voices more clearly, then any music that gets played in the show seams really loud.

This is not an issue at all with freeview, where the sound is perfect.

C'mon virgin, there needs to be some sort or resolution here. At present, the only solution is change ISP or go back to the sluggish Tivo box. (sound is fine on that) or just wait for this non-existent fix. 

Ahhhh....

It's funny that they feel the need to raise prices yet again, even though there are still issues like this that they either just don't care about, or choose to ignore!!!

I've had this problem since my V6 box was installed but blamed faulty set up, incorrect setting on my TV.  All of which I've now worked through and disproved.

I even thought it must just be my age!

However this thread proves it is a problem, the lack of updates and progress from VM is staggering.  And they want more money from me every month.  I am going to start looking for an alternative tomorrow!