cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 volume too low.

CDB1
On our wavelength

Is there a hidden volume control for the V6 box anywhere in the menus?  When I turn the tv from freeview to  Virgin I have to double the volume on the remote control as it's so quiet.  The old Tivo box was fine and we didn't have to touch it.

242 REPLIES 242

djb212
On our wavelength

It seems very strange that BBC 2, BBC4, and Channel 4 seems to have doubled in volume in the last few weeks but the queitest by far is BBC1.

Surely there is a default to set volume output to Normalise, 0db?

This is the case on every audio software progam.

This has been going on long enough. My old TIVO sounds great in my son's room and we have identical Sony TVs.

One of the biggest volume difference's I find is switching from the TV stations to radio. Radio is way higher than the TV.

At least we've got formal acceptance that there's a problem with the V6 box and it's *not* customer equipment.

Now a MOD has made a comment about this recently, they can rest for another year without responding!!!

I don't think VM can fix this very annoying problem because surely in this length of time it would have been ....... wouldn't it?

I watch a film yesterday and had the volume up as high as fifty to fifty five and then the adverts come on OUCH!! 

@21-again wrote:

I watch a film yesterday and had the volume up as high as fifty to fifty five and then the adverts come on OUCH!! 

That is a different issue. Films are generally mastered at a lower volume so there is headroom for high peaks during dramatic scenes etc. Also the film was probably using Dolby Digital sound whereas the adverts in between do not. If you want to reduce this difference in volume, go to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Audio > Dolby Digital, and set it to "Dolby Digital to PCM".

The issue this thread is about is that the V6 outputs at a lower volume across the board no matter what you're watching compared to other sources and previous set-top boxes. Let's not confuse things.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited

Lets not confuse things, how about a fix for the volume problem that this thread is about instead of 'splitting hairs ' .

@davedicko wrote:

Lets not confuse things, how about a fix for the volume problem that this thread is about instead of 'splitting hairs ' .

You're missing the point, the last thing you want to do is open the floodgates for the forum team / mods to turn around and say "that's normal behaviour", which, in relation to adverts being louder than a film, would be correct.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited

I agree, this is about a specific fault with the level of the optical outputs on the V6 box. I agree that we need to focus on the fault and not get drawn into other unrelated issues.

@Rbrookbanks wrote:

I agree, this is about a specific fault with the level of the optical outputs on the V6 box. I agree that we need to focus on the fault and not get drawn into other unrelated issues.

I have my optical cable connected between the TV and my Soundbase, the V6 is connected via HDMI and still have volume level issue's.