cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 volume too low.

CDB1
On our wavelength

Is there a hidden volume control for the V6 box anywhere in the menus?  When I turn the tv from freeview to  Virgin I have to double the volume on the remote control as it's so quiet.  The old Tivo box was fine and we didn't have to touch it.

242 REPLIES 242

Is it possible to get the fault reference number for this please? - As Rose_B previously mentioned that it was being investigated (back in November 2018).

Apparently you have to raise a formal complaint, Virgin are refusing to escalate the fault to engineering.

That's interesting, as a couple of times early on with this issue, they said there engineers are looking into the problem!!!

13,722 views and that's  without all the views on similar posts on the same subject. Could this be an indicator there is a major volume problem with the V6. Wake up Forum team😴.

To coexist with the endless Netflix streaming issue, A lot of money is spent on packages which are 'not fit for purpose ' .I for one is getting sick of being ignored 😡

The "it's been escalated to engineering" is a lie. 

It must be a lie, they are just not interested for some strange reason. On most other topics around here, there will be a mod commenting, but there nothing recently, I wonder if Virgin Media have told them to leave it alone!!!!!

Ridiculous.

HDMI to TV and volume too low on LG TV (OLED55C6V).

Tried the PCM no difference. Reported this on here way back and told engineering was looking at it after initially denying it.

Old TIVO box didn't have this issue for me.

Its ridiculous how long VM take to look into anything on TIVO boxes or Superhubs. You would think a year for a fix would be enough and this has been going on since v6 launch way back.

The worst thing is that Virgin haven't come back to us with an update - The original update was that it was passed to engineering, but now we are being ignored 😞

@Jamesy1234 wrote:

It must be a lie, they are just not interested for some strange reason. On most other topics around here, there will be a mod commenting, but there nothing recently, I wonder if Virgin Media have told them to leave it alone!!!!!

All the old mods are gone, so its likely not in anyones work queue.