cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 volume too low.

CDB1
On our wavelength

Is there a hidden volume control for the V6 box anywhere in the menus?  When I turn the tv from freeview to  Virgin I have to double the volume on the remote control as it's so quiet.  The old Tivo box was fine and we didn't have to touch it.

242 REPLIES 242

I thought it was just me - after all this time found this thread!

If there are any mods out there still bothered? This thread was started in 2017, it is now 2019!!!! "If" VM are "Looking into this issue" please explain why it is taking so long? 

Hi All,

I've just found this thread after having volume issues on the V6 box.

I have a Canton DM75 Sound base connected via a Toslink Digital Audio Optical cable to the TV, and had been looking at getting a splitter so that i could connect to the V6 Toslink socket as well to try and eliminate this problem, but looks like that wouldn't solve it.

As an added question would I get better sound quality connecting the sound base to the V6 Toslink socket direct rather than via the TV?

Cheers TF

Jboss87
On our wavelength

Re: increasing source input on amp (sorry quote didn’t work)

Thanks hadn’t realised that was an option. Can increase the input up to 12db on the amp, probably going for +9

Absolutely, they’ve got our money so they are not the slightest bit interested- customer service is not in their vocabulary 

@davedicko wrote:

I think Virgin are hoping we'll go away!!!!!!Smiley Mad

So I have had this same issue for over a year now. Tried everything and nothing work.

Purchased the Samsung NU8000 and it is the same with this tv.  I have to have the sound up to 23 or 24 for virgin everything else is between 10 and 12.

The tv was so good u recommend it to my mum. She got same tv and the same v6 box installed last week. I set up the tv and have to turn the volume to 53 to have it the same as mine on 23. Then the other apps r blasting out . It's pretty ridiculous that a simple firmware upgrade could fix this and that this thread is almost 2 years old !

@Scottmcmullan8 wrote:

So I have had this same issue for over a year now. Tried everything and nothing work.

Purchased the Samsung NU8000 and it is the same with this tv.  I have to have the sound up to 23 or 24 for virgin everything else is between 10 and 12.

The tv was so good u recommend it to my mum. She got same tv and the same v6 box installed last week. I set up the tv and have to turn the volume to 53 to have it the same as mine on 23. Then the other apps r blasting out . It's pretty ridiculous that a simple firmware upgrade could fix this and that this thread is almost 2 years old !

If your mum has an identical setup, then there is something different in the settings either on the V6 or the TV. The first thing I would check is that her V6 is set to output "Dolby Digital to PCM" especially as you've mentioned the apps are louder. If that doesn't work, it would have to be something in the TV's audio settings. It's an identical setup so the volume levels should be the same as they are on your own TV.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited

I'll Try this and see but to be fair the other apps like Netflix and YouTube have no issues.

But even my own setup the v6 box is terribly low. Still need a fixed from virgin and it's awful customer service 

@Scottmcmullan8 wrote:

I'll Try this and see but to be fair the other apps like Netflix and YouTube have no issues. 

But even my own setup the v6 box is terribly low. Still need a fixed from virgin and it's awful customer service 

Yeah I'm not denying that there's an issue, I'm fortunate enough to have an AVR so I've gotten around it by increasing the source level so my V6 is in line with my other devices. But the problem should not be any worse with your mum's setup if she has the exact same TV as yours, so something else is going on there.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited

My workaround is to use HDMI from the V6 to the TV then take an optical signal from the TV to my AV Receiver.

The quality straight from the optical out is woeful.