cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 volume too low.

CDB1
On our wavelength

Is there a hidden volume control for the V6 box anywhere in the menus?  When I turn the tv from freeview to  Virgin I have to double the volume on the remote control as it's so quiet.  The old Tivo box was fine and we didn't have to touch it.

242 REPLIES 242

djb212
On our wavelength

The vol,ume level on the V6 is approx 30% lower when compared to the Tivo. There is also a further 5 to 10% reduction in sound level when playing back recordings, more noticeable on ITV & Channel 4. This was noticebale as soon as the V6 box was conencted for the first time. Did your R & D dept not check this before release? Or are they totally unaware of the importance of audio with contemporary TV systems?

This thread has been going on since March so nothing has happened in 9 months.

Listen to your customers and turn the volume up.

It is a simple software change - DO AN UPDATE

And that is March 2017. 1 year and 9 months!!! Is that acceptable Virgin Media? I don't think it is. 

It is amazing that this has been going on so long - but if VM are indeed investigating it then an added difficulty would be that they can't just increase the volume across the board for everyone (either for all channels or just HD channels), because that would then leave the users with TVs/Soundbars/etc. that don't experience this problem (such as me) having everything way too loud!

Perhaps they should be looking to have a user setting where you can +/- adjust the base volume around the central default setting so that each user can set the output correct to their system (e.g. my car radio allows me to adjust each input (CD, DAB, USB, FM) relative to the mid-point so that I can set them to the same level when I'm listening - a setting I tweaked once on day one and haven't had to change again since).

Keith

We still have nothing from Virgin Media on this!!!

I have recently re-set up my system, and it sounds amazing when I play Blu-rays, and yet I still have the same sound issues with Virgin Media. Please give us some help with this Virgin Media?

I think Virgin are hoping we'll go away!!!!!!Smiley Mad

Maybe they do, but we are paying for something every month that clearly has some issue with it, so, the least they could do is update us with something!!!

Just found this thread. Had seen the V6 was a bit quiet but just turned LG tv up to about volume 20 rather than 11 that I’d use for the Amazon box for catchup services.

But, recently installed a Marantz amp and 5.1 speakers. The Virgin V6 box needs the volume on at least 50, which would be torturously loud on any other input. 

Tried toggling DD and DD PCM to little effect.

@Jboss87 wrote:

Just found this thread. Had seen the V6 was a bit quiet but just turned LG tv up to about volume 20 rather than 11 that I’d use for the Amazon box for catchup services.

But, recently installed a Marantz amp and 5.1 speakers. The Virgin V6 box needs the volume on at least 50, which would be torturously loud on any other input. 

Tried toggling DD and DD PCM to little effect.

The only thing you can do is increase the source level volume for the V6 if your amp allows. I honestly don't think VM will ever offer a solution to this issue, they're not interested.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited

djb212
On our wavelength

Ok, latest is that BBC2 seems to have got louder but the rest of the channels are still too low.

Amazon fire stick is perfect in my Sony TV as is my DVD player, any number of memory sticks and even my old VHS player.

All are wonderful.

The V6 on the otherhand is the worst performing in terms of audio.

Serioulsy considering ditching Virgin for Sky who have none of these issues.

VIRGIN SORT THE PROBLEM AND FIX IT - IT IS TAKING TOO LONG

splitroaster
Tuning in

Yeh just got a new Phillips tv was watching Netflix on virgin thought I would set it up on my tv and netflix was way louder on tv than it was thru virgin and both are played thru soundbar, so come on virgin you know there is a problem please fix