cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 volume too low.

CDB1
On our wavelength

Is there a hidden volume control for the V6 box anywhere in the menus?  When I turn the tv from freeview to  Virgin I have to double the volume on the remote control as it's so quiet.  The old Tivo box was fine and we didn't have to touch it.

242 REPLIES 242

@michaeldavis wrote:

If the sound is not clear increase the volume, it is not difficult, you have the remote in you hand when you change channels and pressing to up on the Volume control takes no time at all. If you missed something then simply rewind, its all at your control.

Obviously, but the point is that some people do not like to have to do this and I doubt there is a justifiable reason why the audio level is set so low on the V6 especially if it means that alternate sources are then suddenly far too loud if you forget to reduce it again before switching.

@michaeldavis

Oh and on your Blu Ray comment, yes sometimes a disc is mastered lower for whatever reason but it's not usually the entire player. On my Amplifier, the Blu Ray player, Xbox OneX, and TV ARC (from both Freesat and Freeview) are all at roughly the same level. The only one that's significantly lower is the V6 and by about 8dB. I say about because I don't have a calibrated sound meter, I'm just using a sound level  app on the phone and +8dB of increase on the source the V6 is plugged into brings it up level with the others.

It is the V6, I have never bought any AV equipment that has affected sound volume like the V6, and I have been buying AV equipment since 1991. Come on Virgin, sort this out, or at least provide an update. It has been dragging on to long now.

It has got to the stage were we use freeview most of the time because the sound is so poor when using the v6 box.

I would have thought that there would have been a fix for this by now.

So come on Virgin this a poor show

Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi 21-again,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the sound.

I'd just like to confirm whether it's the volume level or sound interference?

Is your V6 connected directly to your television or are you using a sound system of any kind?

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello Rose,

Just reading all the previous comments would by now suggest it is more than interference!!! I am using an AV amp, and like others have said, they were using the same set-up before they had the V6 and there was no sound level issues. I am still having the issues, my sound level is 30 for normal V6 TV but if I use catch up through my Blu-ray it needs to be turned down to about 22. Virgin really need to address this as it has been going on way to long, and customers are paying good money to Virgin for this!!!!

Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jamesy1234,

Thanks for your reply.

This is an issue that's already being investigated by our team.

In the meantime you could try switching the sound setting from Dolby Digital to see if the alternative would better suit you.

I'd also recommend directly connecting your V6 to your television and replacing the HDMI to see if this improves the sound until this issue has been resolved.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Rose, if it is being investigated by Virgin Media, is it possible for you to get an update as to how they are getting on? as this has been going on way to long now, and a lot of people are annoyed about this.I don't want to keep switching cables around either, it was not something I needed to do when I was subscribing to another TV provider, and I don't think I should need to do it with Virgin.

brassed01
On our wavelength

My problem is more the sound quality, you can listen two people doing an interview - one you can hear quite clearly and the other hardly at all. This is obviously a problem with output.

Virgin Forum Admin,

After struggling with this issue myself for some time and realising there were no settings within the user interface that impacted the volume I thought I'd search the Internet to see if others were facing this problem. I see from this conversation thread alone, that there are many others frustrated with this issue.

This conversation thread has been running for nearly 2 years now and it's still not addressed. 

I can also see a dozen similar conversation threads when I searched about volume related issues.

Can you please provide some sort of response indicating:
1. if your teams are ever likely to resolve this issue
2. if so, when
3. guidance on what to do as customers when it is resolved

Also, if you could provide some feedback on why it is taking so long to resolve the issue may help us understand/sympathise if you are actively looking into it. Otherwise the perception is that you don't really care about this issue affecting your customers