cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 volume too low.

CDB1
On our wavelength

Is there a hidden volume control for the V6 box anywhere in the menus?  When I turn the tv from freeview to  Virgin I have to double the volume on the remote control as it's so quiet.  The old Tivo box was fine and we didn't have to touch it.

242 REPLIES 242

Holmesy
On our wavelength
We are still waiting Louise...

Holmesy
On our wavelength
Still nothing Josh...

DJSADERS
On our wavelength

I found my solution....

Changed to a business contract for the broadband and phone...

Residential contract closes for the tv today... freesat dish going up on monday...

BatletUK
Up to speed

I finally "fixed" it by buying a new AVR that has individually adjustable volume levels for each source. Hardly an acceptable solution but really, how likely is a proper solution at this point?

Tbf  new AVR was for other reasons 🙂

What is an AVR ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

@MikeRobbo wrote:

What is an AVR ?

Me being lazy 🙂

AV Receiver.

Just as a note, I had to increase the gain for the V6 by 8dB, (Edit: to make it equal to other sources)  which is about what someone else thought it was as well.

JFA1
Settling in
I agree volume low on TiVo box but also if you go on any HD channel volume goes even much lower, very strange. Come on Virgin please rectify this annoying problem

Can't be HDMI cable as the volume gets much lower when switched to an HD channel

Can you point me in the right direction to get one and instructions on what to do ? it looks like virgin are not going to give us a fix anytime soon so we may to sort out our own V6's............................Dave.

The base level volume of the V6 box is lower than, the TIVo, V and V+ boxes. It has nothing to do with TV's.

There are no hidden settings that will change this, you can play about with Dolby settings, some may provide a small improvement others do nothing.

Some TV channels do transmit at a higher level than others, some commercial channels increase the transmitted volume at a higher level for its adverts.  There is no industry standard for transmission level of audio.

If you have a Blu Ray player, it is usual to increase the volume level on your sound out put devices and then have to turn it back down for TV programs.

HD tv channels tend to be transmitted at a lower volume level than SD, its just the way things work.

If the sound is not clear increase the volume, it is not difficult, you have the remote in you hand when you change channels and pressing to up on the Volume control takes no time at all. If you missed something then simply rewind, its all at your control.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.