cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 volume too low.

CDB1
On our wavelength

Is there a hidden volume control for the V6 box anywhere in the menus?  When I turn the tv from freeview to  Virgin I have to double the volume on the remote control as it's so quiet.  The old Tivo box was fine and we didn't have to touch it.

242 REPLIES 242

I also have this issue. I was with TalkTalk before, and never had a problem with their box!! I was watching TV with the sound around 22-24 now it has to be on at least 30 on my Pioneer amp. If I then use my Sony Blueray player to watch catch up using the channel 5 app, I have to turn the sound back down to 22, which proves the issue is with the v6 box, not sure why Virgin is saying it is with certain TV's!! as what I have just said proves my TV (Which is a Celcus) does not have an issue. Can't Virgin give us some idea on progress with this issue? As it has been going on for over a year now!!!

jonprocter
Joining in

Having the same problem with both of the V6 boxes we have, but I think I've found a solution. Both of the TVs are newer LG smart TVs so this might not work for everybody, but enabling Auto Volume on the TV itself fixed it (settings button on LG remote > go down to All Settings > Audio > Volume Mode > Auto Volume). 

After switching that on, comfortable listening volume is now at 17-18 rather than 40 (and it's consistent across other apps on the TVs like YouTube/Netflix/Amazon Prime Video). 

Gazmac01
Settling in

Just had installation today.

Immediately noticed low volume and queried with engineer (I did not have prior knowledge of this).  Engineer was dismissive of this and didn’t see it as an issue.

I only discovered this forum topic after engineer left - they must surely know this is a problem‽ 

NOT happy - sort it out Virgin

Yes,got my V6 box yesterday and the volume is so low.

I think it is clear there is an issue here, weather Virgin admit it or not, I still have this issue. Because of this issue my AV volume setting is between 30-34 for TV, but today I used my Song Blu-Ray player to watch catch up on Channel 5 as there are no adverts, but the first thing I have to do is turn the volume down to 22 which proves to my ears that there is an issue with V6. It has been dragging on a very long time now. What about people who work for Virgin, they must have the kit at home, are none of them not experiencing this issue? I find that hard to believe.

So here we are months down the line and still we have a volume issue with no fix.

I got so fed up that I decided to call virgin and have them swap my box so at least they can’t fall back on that one.

engineer has just left and guess what? STILL THE SAME ISSUE..

over to you Virgin to no doubt paste and copy something from your customer reply database and tell us that we know it’s an issue and working on it.

well it’s been months now. What’s taking so long??! You can clearly see that there is a big issue here! 

The original post for this topic was March 2017, we are now in August 2018. The clear message is Virgin is not bothered about this!!! It would be better for anyone new wishing to install Virgin V6 to let the engineer hear the sound level of your current kit before he installs the V6 then compare, then maybe they will agree there is an issue and inform Virgin?

Brand new box here, we have also noticed that the volume (when it works!) is very low.

Holmesy
On our wavelength

would someone from Virgin like to give us customers an update on this please?...

Holmesy
On our wavelength
we are still waiting Josh...