cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 volume too low.

CDB1
On our wavelength

Is there a hidden volume control for the V6 box anywhere in the menus?  When I turn the tv from freeview to  Virgin I have to double the volume on the remote control as it's so quiet.  The old Tivo box was fine and we didn't have to touch it.

242 REPLIES 242

That’s good news, is there a solution to the lip sync problems as well ? Mainly on hd channels and playback of recordings 👍🏻👍🏻

Thanks Josh. 

olumalia
Tuning in

I'm having a similar problem with mine it doesn't matter how high i have the volume it's still too low to hear

DJSADERS
On our wavelength

I also have this problem.

I have tried both Dolby settings, using ARC and optical audio.

I have a Lg TV and a LG audio system and the difference between Freeview, Xbox and the V6 are massive... It's really quiet...

But old style TiVo upstairs does not have this issue 

Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Paul2425,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

Our engineers are aware of the problem with audio on HD channels and the play back of recordings and are investigating this.

As soon as we have an update on this we'll let the Community know.

Take care,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

@Josh_RW wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry for the trouble with this.

The low volume issue has been picked up by our technicians and a resolution is being worked on. It seems to only affect certain makes/models of TV so the team are investigating.

As soon as we have an update on this we'll let the Community know.

All the best

Josh

definitely affects the LG OLED TVs - volume too low and sound sync issues on HD channels, slight but particularly noticeable on news/speech programmes more!

Was fine with old TIVO and all other devices, but the v6 has to be cranked up significantly....

Holmesy
On our wavelength

Ok so this is just getting worse and worse now.

im having to turn my sound bar up and up to get a good level of sound out of this V6 box.

when I was with Sky with my Sky Q box I hardly had to go past number 18 on my sound bar. With this V6 I’m up past 30 some channel I have to go up to 36!!

if I press home and turn back there is short break in sound (another bug) and then the sound goes up (another bug) it will the proceed to go down again if I change channel. 😡😡😡😡😡

an update is needed double quick virgin as I’m starting to get a little fed up with the wait now...

Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Holmesy,

I'm really sorry for the trouble!

We'll get an update out as soon as we can.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

smatus
Tuning in

I had to buy an amp , was like talking to a brick wall complaint to virgin , volume on v6 is crap 

Holmesy
On our wavelength

Virgin. I see you have released an update but it has nothing to do with the poor low volume issues 

Another annoying bug with the update is when selecting ITV it never offers the option to watch in HD by pressing the blue button like it does with ITV???

Why are only certain channels giving me the option to press the blue button and some not?

Virgin, I’m sorry but if it wasn’t the fact you were cheaper than Sky I would never have left my Sky Q box. The V6 May have a few minor advantages over Sky Q but your TiVo interface is aweful and just feels so poorly put together compared to the sky boxes.

I have also spent some time today playing with the virgin go app and that also So poorly developed. I have to download other apps to watch channels with the virgin app?! Sky sports and BBC being the two stand out ones. Sky go is miles ahead.

so frustrated at the moment as you have brilliant broadband but just seem lagging behind sky in innovation, design, aesthetics inc software development and integration.

really need to up the game virgin