Menu
sebbity
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

V6 upgrade

I have a TiVO 500GB box in my lounge, next to my hub.  Its the main box.  I have a V+ HD box in my bedroom.

I received a letter from Virgin, telling me I need to swap a box.  The letter sends me to a web site, and clearly sets out the box swap is free.....

Two issues:

1.  Once on the website, having logged in, it lists the V+ box number as the box I need to swap, but states it probably my 'main' box.  Its clearly not.

2.  At the conclusion of the inputting, just before confirming the date for me to pick up the new box, it sets out my new contract cost....but its supposed to be free !

Please advise.

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 upgrade

Ring VM there are known issues with the online application.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi sebbity,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our forums page.

Have you spoken to the team and got your upgrade arranged since your post.

If you haven't, please let us know and we will be more than happy to help.

Regards

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
sebbity
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Lindsey
Thanks for the response.  I rang VM help via 150.  I set out my queries.  The operator started to look at my account, explained there was a problem with it and that he would call me back the next day.  No calls ever received.

Can you assist please ?  I need to arrange upgrade...but my queries still remain.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Expopcorn
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I had the same letter but was unable to sort it out online.  I then phoned the number given on the website only to be told (once they eventually identified me) that I have to pay a delivery fee (or installation fee if Virgin engineer attends).

This upgrade is because Virgin will no longer support the old V+ box so it is unreasonable that they should charge me for this.  In a sensible world they would come and install the new box for free but at the very least they should deliver for free!

Come on Virgin sort out your customer service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi sebbity,

Sorry to hear of this service experience, I'll pop you a quick PM now so I can get some details.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Expopcorn,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the community.

Have you got your box swap sorted? Let me know if you need further help. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Expopcorn
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

No John

I haven't got my swap sorted as I don't see why I should pay a delivery fee (or pay an increased monthly fee which was the other option offered to me) when it is Virgin who are initiating the swap.

Very poor customer service!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

No worries, I'll send you a quick PM so I can get some details. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Afm3a
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Would you be able to help me do my free upgrade too? I was being quoted and extra £19 a month on the online form so cancelled it. I was hoping the online system would be fixed as I really don't want to phone customer services!

Thanks

Alison

0 Kudos