Menu
Red19
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 upgrade

Hi

Keep getting a message on my tv screen to upgrade to a new V6 box has I have an old box.Unfortunately,the link provided doesn't seem to work.

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 upgrade

It appears the virgin have not anticipated the level of interest in upgrading to the new V6 box and have unfortunately not updated the information on the page and have instead removed it.
Poor customer relations, springs to mind, the only realistic way to get hold of a V6 box is to use the 150 number from a virgin mobile or landline and navigate to retentions, (1.1.1.4.5). You may be able to get a deal, opt for the self install, it is fairly straight forward and requires no real technical ability, just read and follow the instructions in the supplied booklet.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

They haven't removed the information from the page at all. The problem is the link takes you through My Virgin Media, which doesn't work for a lot of customers so therefore they won't be able to order the V6 using this method. But do ring Retentions as suggested and they should be able to process the order. Make sure you don't pay anything, there are no charges whatsoever, anyone who tells you different is lying.

Also, the message is misleading as it implies imminent withdrawal of the affected boxes and this is not the case. You are good for at least another 6 months if you'd prefer to wait. When they actually start the forced withdrawals, you'll get a letter in the post giving you lengthy notice, and the order process will be simpler as you'll just fill in a form on the website and then someone will ring you to book delivery.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Red19

Thanks for the post 

I am sorry to hear the link is not working for you.

Would you like me to have a look at this for you?

Regards 

Gareth_L Forums Team

0 Kudos
Red19
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

That would be great.Thank you 😊

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying Red19

I'm just going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Regards 

Gareth_L Forums Team

0 Kudos