cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 upgrade

TimSugden
On our wavelength

Hello

I've been a customer for years with full package including 3 tivo boxes, and have never been offered a v6 box.

Is there any way I can get a free upgrade to a v6 please? 

8 REPLIES 8

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Important point. Are you a VM Broadband customer?

V6 boxes won’t work without VM Broadband. They also don’t have an inbuilt modem, so require either to be wired directly to the hub, via powerline connectors or using WiFi if it is reliable in the area the box is located.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

TimSugden
On our wavelength

Yes I have TV broadband and phone

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In which case there's no reason you couldn't have V6, but it also depends on your contractual status - whether you're in or out of minimum term dictates how strong your "please can I have" position is.

Calling in may be the quickest way here.

You should also be aware of the possibility of a sales job on the new TV360 being offered. It's VM's latest TV software and is very different to the TiVo platform you're familiar with. One major caveat in your case is...

If you convert all 3 of your TiVo to V6, they retain independent hard drives and have multi-room streaming.

If you went the 360 route, you will only have one master box with HDD, the other 2 boxes become minis which slave all recording from the master.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

TimSugden
On our wavelength

Think it's definitely a v6 box I require and thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi TimSugden,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community!

Currently V6's will usually be offered for free for our customers through our contact options i.e. email. 

Have you received any on this correspondence?

Also is there a problem regarding the equipment you have?

Thanks,

Kain

TimSugden
On our wavelength

Hello I've had no correspondence and the  current tivo  box and seems to lag a lot plus I'd like to utilise my 4k tv

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @TimSugden 

The best route is to call 150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1,4 and 4 (thinking of leaving) however your call may be picked up first by a front line agent. If this happens be firm and say you want transferring to Retentions.

Retentions are generally based in the UK and do far more than cancellations. They also have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line and regrades agents.

Try and negotiate a free box swap with them as part of a new deal and contract.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @TimSugden
Welcome back to the community!
If you would like to request an package changes or equipment upgrades you would need to speak to our team as @newapollo has advised. We are unfortunately, we not able to offer these changes on community forums. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley