Menu
Manesh_parmar
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V6 to v6 connectivity c423 error

Hi I have got a new v6 box to replace an old tivo box in my bedroom.  My main box in the living room is also a v6 box which is connected to my hub via an Ethernet cable.  The bedroom box is connected via Wi-Fi and shows an excellent signal strength and says 98% signal with 148mpbs speed. 

My problem is when I select other box from my shows I could see the recordings on the living room box.  This lasted for about 5 mins.  Tried again and I keep getting a message saying trying to connect to living room box followed by a message saying cannot connect and a c423 error code.  I have tried rebooting but no use. 

On the living room box I tried to see my shows on the bedroom box which actually displayed the recordings for about 10 seconds before I got a c501 error. 

Anyone know what's going on here. 

Oh I did get an option to connect to 2.4 or 5 something to the Wi-Fi or select automatically.  I selected the select automatically option. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 to v6 connectivity c423 error

@Manesh_parmar wrote:

Oh I did get an option to connect to 2.4 or 5 something to the Wi-Fi or select automatically.  I selected the select automatically option. 

What Hub model do you have?  The Hub broadcasts 2 wifi networks and the different Hubs manage them differently.  They are on 2.4GHz & 5GHz and use multiple channels.   5GHz is usually better and subject to less interference (and is better for  iDevices ) than the 2.4 one.  However, he 2.4 one has the better "range" and some older/cheaper/dumber devices can only use this one but is always more congested and subject to more interference.  You could try using a wifi analyser App on your smartphone to check which of the two networks is "strongest" at the bedroom V6 and also which channels are also evident on the 2 from other "interfering" wifi networks around you - and then change your channel to the least used one of 1,6 or 11 on 2.4 network

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos