cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 stuck on updating software

Teflon_2
Dialled in

Switched the V6 on this evening to be confronted with the message "Installing Software - do not power off".  It's been like that for over an hour now, with no sign of movement. Any ideas?

Cliff

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If that's still happening tomorrow morning It'd be a pretty safe bet you'll need to call and report the box faulty.

Just to clarify though - when you say "Switched the V6 on", do you mean powered it up? Or took it out of standby?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry, I should have been clearer - I took it out of standby as I usually do each evening. It was working fine when last used yesterday evening, and I haven't asked for the 360 update, so not sure what it's installing. All very odd, and a little frustrating, as the V6 has been "rock solid" since installation a few years ago.

Cliff

So, despite the stern warning: "Do Not Turn Off The Power", I decided to turn off the power. It's now fixed.  Hopefully it will stay fixed tomorrow - I'll report back 🙂

Cliff