cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 stuck at installing software

Solaris81
On our wavelength

Before realising there was a widespread issue with VM today I decided to power cycle my box to fix what the TV issues. I did it on 2 separate boxes. 1 simple restarted and continued to have the same issues, but eventually started to get channels I guess as VM slowly starting recovering.

My other box failed to properly restart, and was stuck on a black screen after multiple reboots. It would get past the welcome and startup screen, then just a black screen, with a white light on the box, which would flash when i pressed the power on my remote but wouldn't respond other than this.

I tried a reset and now I can't get past the installing software screen. It keeps failing at the second option. When I first tried I was connecting over WiFi. Since then I've connected an ethernet cable, but no luck. I've tried to reset again but it doesn't even seem to want to do that, after multiple attempts it just eventually loads up that same installing software page and then fails on the second option.

Anyone with any idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You might need to wait for the national fault to be fully resolved, and then retry restarting.

If you still have problems, call into faults on the usual number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You might need to wait for the national fault to be fully resolved, and then retry restarting.

If you still have problems, call into faults on the usual number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Solaris81 

@jappits  is correct ...

It looks like most of the TV issues are resolved after the power outage, but they will still need to rectify the Network issues.

As you need Network Access you will need to wait until this is fixed, hopefully, all Boxes will then automatically connect as required.

🤞

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

Thanks to both replies. Just to confirm I turned the box back on today and it successfully made it way through the list and is now working again.