Menu
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 signal strength issues on some channels

The capability may not be there due to various reasons, e.g. a tap may be broken. It would take a visit to find out.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi paulborrett, 

Thank you for getting back in touch with us here on the Community. 

I am sorry to here some of the original problems have reoccurred.  I am having a little trouble locating your account so I am 

going to send you a private message to grab a few details. 

I will take a look in to things from our side and if needed, arrange an engineer visit. 

Thanks,  

Nat
0 Kudos
paulborrett
Tuning in
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Just wanted to post an update here as well as responding to Nat's PMs this afternoon.

I had a visit from two engineers this evening, and they did a great job of running systematic checks to find the issue.  Eventually isolated a segment of cable between the road and the house that appeared to be sub-par, and then re-ran that segment above-ground - checking first that this was ok.   Signal levels have now improved as a result, and hopefully will remain strong.   I know engineers are always 'on the clock' and do their best within the time allowed, but these guys tonight were determined to find the root cause of the problem and for that i'm very grateful.

Paul

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi paulborrett,

I just wanted to pop a message on to thank you for your time and patience whilst we have investigated this matter. 

I am happy to hear our engineers have visited and been able to resolve the issue.  

Please let us know if we can assist in the future 🙂 

All the best 

Nat
0 Kudos