cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 signal issues

ibantock
Joining in

Hi

I appear to get an intermittent loss of signal just recently whilst watching programs and my v6 box goes into an automatic reboot.   Which is slightly annoying when watching a program which also interrupts any recording that are in progress. When performing the signal checker it reports no problems in my area. This is also coupled at times, when the v6 box does not switch into standby mode (i.e. overnight) as when switching on the TV in the morning only the last channel you were on is available and none of the TV remote buttons work (i.e. TV guide / My shows / up down channel or specific number selection). The only way to restore is to switch the box off and on again. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What makes you think your box has a signal issue - does it give you any error codes/messages?

Regardless, any TV box that's restarting more than occasionally overnight, has a fault and I'd advise you to report that 

Either by calling in - 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone - or by waiting here a few days for staff to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What makes you think your box has a signal issue - does it give you any error codes/messages?

Regardless, any TV box that's restarting more than occasionally overnight, has a fault and I'd advise you to report that 

Either by calling in - 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone - or by waiting here a few days for staff to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi Thanks for that.

There are no error codes. Examples are last night at 19:16 whilst watching a recording the picture froze and then the box rebooted itself, and this morning at 11:10 on a TV channel 5 the picture froze again but was stuck for 5mins so had to do a manual reboot.

Cheers

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'd be calling faults pronto. There's clearly an issue somewhere.

You should still get a tech visit or replacement box before Christmas at the moment.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello ibantock

Thanks for your post and sorry to read you are having issues with the TV

Have you been able to get this looked into yet 

Please let me know so I can look at booking some one out 

Gareth_L