cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 remotes not working after battery change

Jodeedennis
Joining in

Just changed batteries in my remote as it wasn’t switching channels as fast as usual and when I put the new batteries in the light just flashed red twice.

ive followed all reset instructions and nothing is happening. I even had an extra brand new remote tried that and the same thing happened with the red light flashing twice but the reset isn’t working ive not had any green flashing lights on either remote. 
could it be a problem with my v6box ?? Ive ordered a new remote but I’m not sure it will work as like I say I have a brand new never used spare remote and that isn’t pairing either 

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to confirm, you've followed all the instructions on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-pairing-tv-remote 

Remember you can only pair each remote to one box using RF. IR should work regardless, but will need line of sight.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi yeah I’ve followed every step on both remotes and I’m only getting it flashing red twice when batteries are put in then nothing at all 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jodeedennis,

Welcome back to our Community Forum! Than you for your post.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your V6 remote! I was able to locate your account and I can see that you've been in touch with us recently to discuss this issue and have ran through some diagnostics.

You can take a look at how to set up your remote control, or diagnose any issues with your remote via our website.

Thank you for letting us know that you have ordered another remote control! Would you be able to keep us updated on this issue and let us know if you're having the same issue with the new remote?

Please keep us updated. 

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs