Menu
Bagpuss12
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 remote software fault

I have recently been experiencing a fault with my V6 box, particularly the remote control and I have noted from other VM users that they are also experiencing the same fault. I have 1 V6 box that powers several TV's so I have more than one remote in different rooms in the house. I have found that the remotes in the other rooms (with no direct line of sight to the box) work great however the 1 in the same room as the box is awful. I can press buttons numerous times and get no response form the box however the remote is flashing. I have changed to install new batteries and I have tried using all of the remotes I own but all to no avail. I have also noticed that when I programme my remote to control the volume of my TV it will then not allow me to programme the other remotes to control the other TV's however previously this was not the case? There is clearly a VM fault here that needs to be looked at?
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 remote software fault

1. How many remotes are you using in RF mode with the V6 box? Have you tried un-pairing all the remotes and pairing them again?

2. For the TV control bit. As far as I know each remote is independent for that part and the programming is within the remote only. So setting up one remote for TV control shouldn't impact any of the others.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Bagpuss12
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The problem seems to be with any of my 3 remotes that are in the same room as the box. If I take the remote out of the room it works fine however in the room I'm constantly pressing buttons but all to no avail. I know the remote is working as its flashing with each button press and I can take it upstairs and it works, just not when its in the same room. This V6 board is full of people commenting about their remote issues so clearly something is wrong with the system and maybe the software?
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This forum is slightly self filtering for issues - people who have no problem won't post that as they have no need to do so.

Personally, I've had zero issues with any V6 remote since I got my box, or when I've helped friends and family upgrade their boxes.

In RF mode there should be no difference to how the remote works based on a normal distance from the box. Any factors that would affect it would be the same as any other radio signal i.e. further away should be worse than close by.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos