cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 remote paired to box but won’t to TV

AndrewN1
On our wavelength

My V6 remote won’t move to program mode despite me changing the batteries. No green lights at top of remote, no matter how many times I try.

The remote works with the V6 box, just won’t with the Samsung TV because can’t get the remote into program mode.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AndrewN1, 

Thank you for your post.

Sorry you've had this issue - have you been able to check out this link, it would provide all information on what it is you're trying to do: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/using-your-remote. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Rajxix70
Tuning in

Can you be specific and tell me which Samsung TV model you have?

AndrewN1
On our wavelength

When I press the Clear and TV buttons on the remote at the same time (as per instructions), I do not get any flashing green lights to confirm that the remote has moved into program mode - no matter how long I hold those buttons down for.

My Samsung TV is a 2018 Smart TV (although surely the issue is the remote NOT the TV.)

AndrewN1
On our wavelength

When I press the Clear and TV buttons on the remote at the same time (as per instructions), I do not get any flashing green lights to confirm that the remote has moved into program mode - no matter how long I hold those buttons down for.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @AndrewN1 

Have you tried the following?

Using the V6 remote go to Home > Help and Settings > Help > Set up Remote. 

Follow the instructions there it should give you a series of codes to try. 

I'm not sure if they are the same as the codes <<< here >>> 

You can also put 0999 in place of the code and press channel up until the TV turns off, then press OK.

You can order a replacement remote using the following url.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/download-tv-control-app 

If the url doesn't work either try an incognito window or different browser

You can also order the TV Control app from the same link to use as a temporary remote.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave. The issue is that the remote control will not go into "program mode" via entering CLEAR and TV buttons at the same time, no matter how many times I try. If I try to enter the onscreen code, a message comes up saying that I have to put the remote in program mode, but it will not go into program mode, no matter how long I hold the CLEAR and TV buttons down at the same time?

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @AndrewN1

Sorry to hear that this is still not resolved for you. 

Does the light flash red at all or is there no lights at all when you hold clear & TV?

Might be worth checking that your remote is paired correctly. 
1. On the front of your Virgin TV V6 Press and hold the Channel Plus button until you hear a bleeping sound coming from the remote control. That sound confirms the V6 is paired.
2. If you hear nothing, but have more than 1 Virgin TV V6 in the property then try the same process on the other V6 in case the remote has been paired to it.

Getting your Virgin TV V6 STB into pairing mode
1. Press the Channel minus button on the front of your Virgin TV V6 box for 10 seconds
2. The Power light will go Off and On. After the light comes back on the V6, it will be ready to pair with the remote control

Pairing Mode remains active on the Virgin TV V6 for 5 minutes allowing you to try the remote instructions again if unsuccessful on the first attempt.

Getting the Remote into Pairing Mode
1. Hold the Info button down on the remote for 7 seconds until the light on the top of the remote goes green
2. Press any key on the remote and if pairing is successful you will see the light flash GREEN Twice
To confirm if pairing was successful Press and hold the channel plus button on the front of your Virgin TV V6 until you hear a bleeping sound coming from the remote control.

If it will not pair with the box at all after this then we can arrange a replacement control for you, just let me know how it goes.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

AndrewN1
On our wavelength

Carley,

I am looking to pair the remote with my TV, so not sure how relevant some of your response is? The remote works with the V6 box. On pressing Clear and TV, I get red lights. Please can you advise.

Thank you for your reply @AndrewN1, I'm sorry to see this issue is still not resolved.

Are you able to follow the link newapollo gave to order a new remote as your replies seem to indicate this will be needed.

Please let me know how you get on with this, we will be happy to help further if needed.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules