cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 recordings freezing

Burge1
On our wavelength

Good morning,

Over the past few weeks most of our recorded programmes freeze when we play them. We have to try various things like trying to fast forward, rewind, back out and try again. This has been on various channels, and only happens on our main box. We have checked our wiring and rebooted the box. Not sure if this is connected to a problem we had with the box on June.

is there anything else we can do please?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Burge1 wrote:

Will this problem get picked up from this thread, or do I need to try and phone Virgin up (I know they’re busy and say not to phone if you can avoid it). 

VM staff respond to threads on here, but it's not a real-time service and it depends how urgently you want to report it. Waiting on here is likely to be a couple of days. Calling in is immediate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try watching live TV, ideally from one of the channels you're recording from regularly, and see if that's ok. That tests the live TV feed for any problems. If there's issues here, that's likely signal related.

Now try pausing that channel for a short time and watch it delayed. That's also using your V6's hard drive in the same way as a recording, and is a good test of HDD issues.

Either of these scenarios is likely to need a tech visit, but a box with hard drive problems will need replacing sooner or later. A signal fault could be in your cabling somewhere.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Burge1
On our wavelength

Thanks for your speedy response and help.

Live TV has been ok, but now you’ve mentioned it my husband has reminded me that we have had problems when pausing live, where it wouldn’t restart again. We don’t often do this, so I’d forgotten that. We’ve just tried it again, and lo and behold it played up and we had to change away from that channel to get it sorted.

Will this problem get picked up from this thread, or do I need to try and phone Virgin up (I know they’re busy and say not to phone if you can avoid it). 

Thanks again.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Burge1 wrote:

VM staff respond to threads on here, but it's not a real-time service and it depends how urgently you want to report it. Waiting on here is likely to be a couple of days. Calling in is immediate.

Burge1
On our wavelength

OK. Thanks very much for your help. 
I’ll wait a few days then.

Thank you

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Burge1 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your services. 

I have run though some diagnostics on your account, we need to refer this to Fault Management Resolution Team (FMRT).  They will review the current situation and get in touch with you directly.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Burge1
On our wavelength

An agent rang me on Saturday to instruct me re detaching cable, then changing settings to 1080 from 2160 (?). I was told someone would contact me in a few days to see if these actions had resolved my problem.

Unfortunately the problem remains, our television picture is not as sharp as previously and no one has contacted us.

We have had problems since June with our TiVo box, and feel we are getting nowhere whilst still paying a considerable monthly amount. Please can this matter be looked at again.

Thank you

Hi @Burge1 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your playback on the V6 box.  I have checked your account from here and I would like to send a technician.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @Burge1 thanks for confirming your details via private message.

I have booked the first available technician to attend your property.  You can view and amend your appointment here.

Regards

Lee

Burge1
On our wavelength

Thank you for your help.