Menu
Highlighted
wisedroid
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 recordings failing

I have a strange issue where recordings on BBC and Channel 4 are failing. Either they show as recorded but then have a gap/it ends very early or completely fail - e.g. the Apprentice yesterday shows as ‘Not authorised’ in recording hiccups. Celebrity Hunted on channel 4 only has 30 mins recorded but no error.

Other channels don’t seem to have any issues.

I tried calling but the support person clearly didn’t understand the problem... they asked me to disconnect and reconnect the coax cable and then test playing the recording again..................

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 recordings failing

That sounds like signal problems or a failing box, you should phone 150 and book an engineer visit. The team on here could run a signal check but it can take them up to a week to get round to dealing with a message!

0 Kudos
wisedroid
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 recordings failing

Thanks for the advice! I am reluctant to do this given the terrible service I got when I tried calling yesterday but will give it a go. I did suggest on the call that they check my signal levels but they didn’t seem to understand lol.

If the team here can run a check that would be much appreciate too :-)

(the other funny one they advised was to manually adjust the recording times... haven’t done that since I had a VHS)

0 Kudos