Menu
Highlighted
wisedroid
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 recordings failing

I have a strange issue where recordings on BBC and Channel 4 are failing. Either they show as recorded but then have a gap/it ends very early or completely fail - e.g. the Apprentice yesterday shows as ‘Not authorised’ in recording hiccups. Celebrity Hunted on channel 4 only has 30 mins recorded but no error.

Other channels don’t seem to have any issues.

I tried calling but the support person clearly didn’t understand the problem... they asked me to disconnect and reconnect the coax cable and then test playing the recording again..................

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 recordings failing

That sounds like signal problems or a failing box, you should phone 150 and book an engineer visit. The team on here could run a signal check but it can take them up to a week to get round to dealing with a message!

0 Kudos
wisedroid
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice! I am reluctant to do this given the terrible service I got when I tried calling yesterday but will give it a go. I did suggest on the call that they check my signal levels but they didn’t seem to understand lol.

If the team here can run a check that would be much appreciate too :-)

(the other funny one they advised was to manually adjust the recording times... haven’t done that since I had a VHS)

0 Kudos
wisedroid
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

This issue has happened again (Dragons Den this time). Recording appears corrupt - plays first 10 minutes, then sound goes and then it restarts. Shows 59 mins recorded but the bar only goes to 20 mins.

Tried calling and your tech support team have no idea again. Didn’t receive a forum reply before...... can anyone help?

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You can run a check on your signal level by using the Check service status link, then logging in to your Virgin media account.  This will allow you to select TV and run a test.
If you find a problem it gives you a head start when reporting the issue.

0 Kudos
wisedroid
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I have already tried this - no issues on either 

0 Kudos
panostar
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There's a known problem that occurs when two recordings are in progress.  At the time when one recording finishes, the other recording can be interrupted, resulting in a partial recording - either you get the first part of the recording up to the interruption, or you get only the second part.  Is it possible that you might have this situation? 

0 Kudos