Menu
chrispy1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 recording problems.

I have a V6 box and have hardly any recordings saved. So plenty of space on hard drive.

I have one program being recorded with no problem the little record symbol shows in in the guide. I set another program to record a series on another channel at the same time, series link symbol shows. Try to record another series on same channel and following on after from the last one (ie one program on at 9pm the other 10pm same channel). It says the series link is set but no symbol shows in guide. I checked to see if it was set to record and it is. 
Now if I'm correct only three recordings over lap at one time, when the third program starts. So only recording 3 programs at any one time. The V6 is supposed to record 6 programs at once so I can't see what the problem is.

Anyone any idea what the problem is?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 recording problems.

@chrispy1 wrote:

Try to record another series on same channel and following on after from the last one (ie one program on at 9pm the other 10pm same channel). It says the series link is set but no symbol shows in guide. I checked to see if it was set to record and it is. 

TiVo & V6 series links will always try to record the first available episode of a particular programme, depending whether the SL in question is set for "all channels" or particular ones.

It sounds like you've set a programme to SL, that's available sooner elsewhere in the schedule. I'd expect your box to be recording that one instead. You should be able to verify this by using "Search & Explore" on the programme in question, to browse alternative showings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

chrispy1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 recording problems.

Thanks that sorted it. I thought it was a new series but turned out to be repeat.
0 Kudos