cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 rebooting every few days

skinnybloke
Tuning in

My V6 is rebooting every few days.

After switching on from standby, the screen gets stuck in the 'Welcome' or 'Starting up' screen.

After powering off/on the V6 cycles through all the options for setting up a new box.

After completing this all my settings are lost including settings for 'My Favourites'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi skinnybloke

Thanks for joining us on PM, just to update the thread, the resolution was no fault occurring for a few days so no engineer visit needed,

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your V6 sounds faulty - even after a reboot, your Settings & config shouldn't be lost.

You can either wait here (might be a couple of days) for VM to respond, or call in to get your tech visit booked.

150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the response - I'll wait for VM to respond - don't want to spend ages hanging on the telephone.

Hi skinnybloke,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your Tv box.

I have attempted to locate your services on our systems but have been unsuccessful. 

I will private message you to get your details to look into this. 

^Martin

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi skinnybloke

Thanks for joining us on PM, just to update the thread, the resolution was no fault occurring for a few days so no engineer visit needed,

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill